Notices

Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM   #2131
Atherton25
Enthusiast
Atherton25 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu
I think your slow downs and other download issues had to do with throttling and large numbers of images. I've added a default slow_down_sleep_time for wattpad.

BTW, yes, I generally appreciate debug logs with problems, but +500M of log is a bit excessive when editing quotes. At least attach it as a file next time it's that large, please.
Uhm, sorry? I did purposefully hide it in a spoiler and code tag so it didn't take up a lot of room in the post (just the email likely). I didn't really look at how long it was, just copied it over. Next time I'll keep that in mind about adding as an attachment.

As for the slow downs, I will look at what I do for the next couple days. I actually flipped mine to 4 anyway, as I don't have any urgent need for the stories, I've read them and it's a lot more towards archival. There's a couple I'm interested in reading right away I haven't got around to, but then I've also got a pretty good sized queue with everything else I have. Since I primarily read on my kindle, all the webnovel sites we've gotten access to download in the last few months has just enlarged my queue. I'm working my way through them. Plus, though they're not too difficult to read anymore translated webnovels take a little more time for me, something about my mind having to work a little harder to understand some of the stuff post-translation.

Quote:
replace_metadata is your friend. You might consider sharing your solution when you have one you are happy with.
Yeah, I think what I end up doing will probably be picking out the worse offenders and fixing them, I will share it once I've got them taking care of.

Quote:
I've added a comma_entries ini option. I'll default wattpad reads to use it. Not sure why I haven't done that before.
Thanks! There was something in the past that had a similar issue, I just don't remember what it was, and it wasn't as apparent as this one, so I just ignored it for the most part.

I don't know if I say it often enough, but thanks for the addon and all the time/effort you put in to help others. It's probably saved me a lot of time manually downling things. Even with all the options available now, it's still a lot more time consuming than FFF.

There've been 3-4 programs for ff.net I used in the past but this one is by far the best, and all the other sites make it head and shoulder above any other offer available.

I do wish the webtoepub project had a calibre plugin so there was more management/update ability. That program is a bit different, allowing you to specify the web page downloads - which means any page, and you can 'edit' the pages, including order. There's a trial and error, plus sometimes a lot of editing involved. They just dont have any post-download management, so no ability to reopen an epub and add a few more chapters. There are work around within calibre to add them but it'd be easier to manage all in one. Ah well.

Anyway, sorry got off on a tangent.

The point is. FFF is awesome, and it's done a lot to improve my life. I mean that. Thank you.
Atherton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM   #2132
Atherton25
Enthusiast
Atherton25 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I found a bug in gravity tales. At the moment I've only found one fic that's affected, and it was heartbreaking.
http://gravitytales.com/novel/shuras-wrath

Apparently, the story downloads everything twice. I was at the halfway point thinking I had another 750k words to go before I had caught up, only to find out that no... I was caught up, the chapters started again from the beginning.

I cried a little.

Anyway, it's not exactly a major bug or anything, just wanted to report it. If I find any others on gravity tales that do the same thing I'll note it if needed.
Atherton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:27 AM   #2133
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 3g, Aldiko, FBReader
http://gravitytales.com/novel/a-dragons-curiosity does the same thing. In both cases, there's a section called 'Chapters' with chapters, then named sub-book sections that again contain the same chapters--in the case of a-dragons-curiosity, the sub-books don't contain all the chapters in 'Chapters'.

OTOH, the other 5 on the drop down at the top of the page under 'Original Tales' and a handful spot checked from 'Translated Tales' don't have a 'Chapters' section and don't appear to have any duplicates.

So my assumption is that authors did that on purpose for some reason, rather than it being a bug as such.

If it's a common thing, I suppose code to prevent duplicate chapters could be added to the adapter. I don't remember it being an issue before.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote