Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #31
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Am I seeing something wrong here? Amazon's update broke Kindle, they are liable and should replace it. If I walk around and smash someone's device can I offer a 80$ off voucher for a new one?
Do you live in the USA?
Don't tell us (unless you are just venting), tell someone who can do something about it:
https://www.ftc.gov/
See link at upper right, "File a Consumer Complaint" ?
Tell them by filling out the on-line form that eventually links to.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2017, 11:44 AM   #32
johnnyb
Inactive
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Do you live in the USA?
Don't tell us (unless you are just venting), tell someone who can do something about it:
https://www.ftc.gov/
See link at upper right, "File a Consumer Complaint" ?
Tell them by filling out the on-line form that eventually links to.
While I appreciate this suggestion my question was actually really more basic.
Has anyone here tried talking to Amazon about this and explaining that they broke the device (in comparison: what happened after Apple bricked those iPad Pros? Weren't they exchanged free of charge?)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #33
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Has anyone here tried talking to Amazon about this and explaining that they broke the device (in comparison: what happened after Apple bricked those iPad Pros? Weren't they exchanged free of charge?)
I have only heard of a few cases where a firmware update bricked a kindle. Most of them were determined to be something other than the update. So I don't think it is a real problem.
Did you brick your kindle after installing the latest firmware?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:32 PM   #34
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
I can only go by what you write in your post.
I am unable to see over your shoulder or to channel into your mind, you must type what you are thinking.

= = = =

Not mentioned in this forum.

With only a single report, it is most likely a case isolated to that single device/user combination.

Last edited by knc1; 05-22-2017 at 12:36 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote