Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-07-2017, 07:44 AM   #1291
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
At first I use the Update Metadata to set the books as unread, and reconnect to Calibre.
I also tried from the device with the same result.
You used the "Update metadata in device library option"? Did you use the "Reset reading position" option? If you didn't, that explains what happens. When you reopened the book, it uses the stored reading position even if the book was marked as unread or finished by the plugin. The plugin deliberately doesn't clear the reading position unless you ask as it allows you to open a book to a spot, then mark it book as finished but reopen there later. I've done that so I can open a book I have finished to a map or something. And because I don't want to finish reading something but want to move it off the unread and reading lists.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #1292
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I used "Update metadata in device library option" with "Reset reading position", I also did a another test now and it didn't remove the old percentage.

Last edited by oren64; 05-07-2017 at 11:44 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:47 AM   #1293
itsmir
Enthusiast
itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
SSL error on check for firmware updates.

Hello,

I use the Kobo Utilities plugin for firmware updates and it's always worked perfectly. However today when checking for updates it gives the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 2.85.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>URLError</b>:<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)>

calibre 2.85.1 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 3) && Kobo Utilities (2, 5, 2) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && Count Pages (1, 7, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 993, in menu_firmware_update_check
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1047, in auto_firmware_update_check
  File "urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
  File "urllib2.py", line 431, in open
  File "urllib2.py", line 449, in _open
  File "urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
  File "urllib2.py", line 1240, in https_open
  File "urllib2.py", line 1197, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)>
Can you help??

Many Thanks!
itsmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #1294
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A certificate error usually means a missing root certificate. One of the versions of the problem can be fixed by visiting the site with IE. In this case, the site https://api.kobobooks.com/1.0/Upgrad...613b0000000000. It can be because of a missing Windows update. Otherwise, google will find the fix for you.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:25 PM   #1295
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
I've recently come back to Kobo after 3-ish years using other e-readers. I wish I'd done it sooner...

I could have sworn the Kobo Utilities used to automatically save my annotations in Calibre, but so far I've only been able to get the annotations via the Annotations plugin—which has the disadvantage of being a manual action.

So, did I miss a configuration option in the Kobo Utilities (if so where?), have you removed automatic import of annotations from the Utilities (boo!), or am I just completely misremembering?
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:04 PM   #1296
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

No, there isn't a way to automatically store annotations. You can automatically store the reading status when the device is connected. That might be what you are thinking of..
Old 05-28-2017, 11:25 AM   #1297
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
There is an annotation importer, but it isn't automatic, and it can't send them back.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:59 AM   #1298
larry1223
larry1223 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Change hours read

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but I couldn't find with a search. Is it possible to modify hours read with the utility? I believe the 4.4 firmware has fixed the hour issue, but when I synchronize it still has the old incorrect hours as a starting point.

Thank you.
larry1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:10 AM   #1299
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, not it can't be done. The reading time is stored in a way that I haven't been able to decipher. Recent firmware has a second way of storing it, but it doesn't seem to be used for the totals or other display.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:20 AM   #1300
larry1223
larry1223 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you for the prompt response, that is what i figured.
larry1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:57 PM   #1301
jacques91
jacques91 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Hi ,
I think I need your help since I can't figure out why collections are not working properly on my Kobo Glo anymore.
I have been succesfully using the plugin for few years and have followed your instruction to create collections. However for the last 6 months, no collections are created anymore, old ones are being kept (with 0 book inside since I deleted them) and new collections are not created. I have tried using the utility to clean it but no luck here.
The configuration used is here : https://francisblog59.wordpress.com/...-liseuse-kobo/

What did I do wrong ? Please you you help ?

Thanks a lot !
jacques91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #1302
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@jacques91 Two things:
1) Plugboard It looks as if you are using the KoboTouchExtended driver; the plugboard seems to apply to the base KoboTouch driver.
2) What do you have set in Sending books to Device / Metadata Management? It needs to be set to Automatic. (Envoyer des livres vers des dispositifis / Gestion des metadonnees set to Gestion automatique)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:06 PM   #1303
jacques91

@PeterT

Thanks fro your feedback, yes I was using the extended plugin , so I took it off but seesmto have the same behavior.

Regarding the plug in driver, I have set :
{series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| | – }{title}

However I am confused, where do you set the automatic Metadata management ?
I have checked
"Mettre à jour les metadata sur le dispositif"

Thanks
Old 06-14-2017, 04:15 PM   #1304
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'm sure I've posted the French menu options. Any.. I forgot to say preferences. Unfortunately I'm not at my PC right now so can't post the translated menu name.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:22 PM   #1305
jacques91

thanks, found it and changed and it works now :-)
thanks a lot !

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities