Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
Crysik
Crysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Collection Management (not ignoring collections)

I setup collection mamagement to sync columns from Clibre automatically and thats working as it should. However, when I try to set collections to be ignored by Clibre, books which I add to these collections still get deleted after syncing.

My goal is to make two collections on my device (one for books I'm currently reading and one for books I want to read next), which I can manage on my device without Calibre affecting these at all. I want to name them *Current and *Next (I thought that having * in the names is the issue but I tried it without that and its still removing books after syncing).

Calibre, firmware and the Kobo drivers are updated to the latest versions.

I might be missing a step or something is not working properly.

Any help would be very appreciated!
Crysik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:09 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, this should be working. I haven't tried if for a while, but there have been no changes that should affect this. Can you run calibre in debug mode and posting or PMing the log? From that, I should be able to see what is happening. Debug mode is started by right clicking on the preferences button and selecting "Restart in debug mode". When calibre restarts, it displays a message about debug mode. After connecting the device and the jobs finish, close calibre and the debug log will be displayed.

Also, how are you entering the collection names to be ignored? It should be as a comma separate list of the names.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:25 PM   #3
Crysik
Crysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to behold

Thanks for the very quick reply!

I've sent the debug data to you in a PM.

As for entering collection names, to make it as simple as possible I tried it with one called "Next Read" (without quotations) and its still not working.

P.S. I sent the debug data twice, the second time is with a book in the collection that it should be ignorning.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just wondering, are you using the base driver (Kobo Touch) or the extended one (KoboTouchExtended)?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:52 PM   #5
Crysik

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just wondering, are you using the base driver (Kobo Touch) or the extended one (KoboTouchExtended)?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I use KoboTouchExtended because of kepubs. I haven't tried it with the base driver tbh.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:45 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At first glance, it seems to be right, but I'll look at it properly tonight.

As to the KoboTouchExtended driver, it uses the same code as the main driver. But, they have to be configured separately. A common problem with things not working, is that the wrong driver has been configured. The log shows you have configured the extended driver.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:28 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I found the problem and fixed it late last night. The fix is in calibre 2.85.0 and should be in the 3.0 betas. These also have support for firmware 4.4.9298, the Aura H2O Edition 2 and a fix for an uncommon problem where the OS presents the wrong drive as the main storage.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:23 PM   #8
Crysik

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I found the problem and fixed it late last night. The fix is in calibre 2.85.0 and should be in the 3.0 betas. These also have support for firmware 4.4.9298, the Aura H2O Edition 2 and a fix for an uncommon problem where the OS presents the wrong drive as the main storage.
Just want to confirm that everything is working after the update as it should.

Thank you very much for taking the time to look into this and solving the issue. This community is amazing!

Tags
calibre, collection, kobo, plug-in