Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
sharontzu
sharontzu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
calibre doesn't detect kindle

everything was fine till i upgrded to 7.47 - now calibre doesn't detect device. i went through all the recommended steps - also tried to uninstall and install. nothing worked. here is readout of debug

btw - i installed on another computer and it works there - but i really want it to work on my laptop

Version: 0.7.47
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub&vid10de&pid0aa7&rev00b1',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid10de&pid0aa5&rev00b1',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid10de&pid0aa9&rev00b1',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid10de&pid0aa6&rev00b1',
u'usb\\vid_04fc&pid_05da&rev_0110',
u'usb\\vid_1949&pid_0004&rev_0100']
Drives detected:
(0) F:\ ~ \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_KINDLE&PRO D_INTERNAL_STORAGE&REV_0100#B008A0A01053158X&0#{53 F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}
Available plugins: ALEX ALURATEK_COLOR ANDROID ARCHOS7O AVANT AZBOOKA BAMBOOK BLACKBERRY
BOOQ BOOX COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK E52 E71X EB511 EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE
EEEREADER ELONEX ESLICK FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3
HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY
ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE_DX KOBO LUMIREAD MENTOR
MIBUK N516 N770 N810 NEWSMY NEXTBOOK NOOK NOOK_COLOR NUUT2 ORIZON
PALMPRE PDNOVEL PDNOVEL_KOBO PICO POCKETBOOK301 POCKETBOOK360
POCKETBOOK602 POCKETBOOK701 PRS505 README S60 SHINEBOOK SNE SOVOS
SPECTRA STASH SUNSTECH_EB700 SWEEX TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK TREKSTOR
VELOCITYMICRO WEXLER

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None
sharontzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
According to that log the Kindle device driver is not active!

You should go into Preferences->Advanced->plugins->Device Interface Plugins and check that the Kindle 2/3 device plugin is enabled.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
Allucard
Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle touch
I have the very same problem with the latest 0.9.40 version of Calibre. Spent all day searching for a solution and no luck so far

If anyone can help, please do. Windows 7 64 bits, ASUS laptop. Windows detects the Kindle touch I own as an Mass storage drive, not as a device. Tried reinstalling drivers. I know how and did a complete driver reinstall. What's wrong?

Last edited by Allucard; 07-19-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Allucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
This is a really OLD thread.
But the same answer might apply: Enable the device driver in Preferences: Plugins: Output drivers:
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
Allucard
Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
This is a really OLD thread.
But the same answer might apply: Enable the device driver in Preferences: Plugins: Output drivers:
All the plugin drivers are enabled by default, every one of them. Windows detects the kindle just fine.

An important note however, when i start windows it will work but when i eject the kindle and try to reconnect, it just doesn't detect it anymore. Note i can still browse file in windows explorer. Windows 7 64bits here too.

I'm downgrading Calibre versions until i find one that works. Oh and I will never EVER again buy an Amazon product.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
Allucard

I solved it. If anyone else is affected, listen up:

Device Manager

View menu

Show hidden devices

Delete everything grey
Old 08-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
badcarburetor
badcarburetor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allucard View Post
I solved it. If anyone else is affected, listen up:

Device Manager

View menu

Show hidden devices

Delete everything grey
I'm having a similar problem. I'm way new to MobileRead, Calibre and connecting my Paperwhite to my Windows computer. (I've been wi-fi adding books from Amazon to date.)

So, dumb question. Are your directions above for in Calibre or for in Windows?

Thanks for tolerating my n00biness.
badcarburetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcarburetor View Post
I'm having a similar problem. I'm way new to MobileRead, Calibre and connecting my Paperwhite to my Windows computer. (I've been wi-fi adding books from Amazon to date.)

So, dumb question. Are your directions above for in Calibre or for in Windows?

Thanks for tolerating my n00biness.
Windows. Calibre does not have a 'Device Manager'
Old 08-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
badcarburetor

Thank you. I'm playing around with that now. Nothing was greyed out. I have uninstalled the Kindle that was showing in the Device Manger. It was not showing in the normal My Computer view.

I'll keep trying. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #10
badcarburetor

Turns out that I was using the wrong kind of mini-USB > USB cable. I had no idea there were multiple kinds. Problem solved and now I'm enjoying the wonders of Calibre!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcarburetor View Post
Turns out that I was using the wrong kind of mini-USB > USB cable. I had no idea there were multiple kinds. Problem solved and now I'm enjoying the wonders of Calibre!
I have seen:Charge Only and a special 6? pin for some cameras