Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
0.6.1 bug

The open file dialog box when set to details does not allow sorting by Name or any other function. The titles click up and down, but do nothing.

Scratch this. Appears to be a system problem since it showed up on file upload to demo the following.

Thanks much though for all the other changes!

Further one additional bug. Handling of badly formed is inconsistent. Loads but says section 19 is not well formed because of bad character. Get red message at top saying showing up to point of error. Go to code view trying to find, don't see so go back, but can't get to book view to see because it is badly formed.

Located 0x1B using open with to Hex Editor and located it...showed as left pointing arrow.
Problem with text solved.

Add one more to list. Highlight some text in code view. Type one character. It will jump to start of paragraph, so that if you type another one it ends up at the start of the paragraph instead of where you typed the first character. This not consistent though. This occurs with pretty print on.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Cassino To the Alps1.epub (11.09 MB, 143 views)

Last edited by mrmikel; 12-03-2012 at 07:32 AM.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
The open file dialog box when set to details does not allow sorting by Name or any other function. The titles click up and down, but do nothing.

Thanks much though for all the other changes!
Sort is only for a selected range of files (there is no implied all)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #3
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Further one additional bug. Handling of badly formed is inconsistent. Loads but says section 19 is not well formed because of bad character. Get red message at top saying showing up to point of error. Go to code view trying to find, don't see so go back, but can't get to book view to see because it is badly formed.

Located 0x1B using open with to Hex Editor and located it...showed as left pointing arrow.
Problem with text solved.
What do you see as a 'bug' or 'inconsistent'? What you describe seems correct.

Open the file (while in Book View). You get the box warning at the top about the error. Switch to Code View is ok. Switch to Book View and you get the prompt warning that you can't switch until you fix the issue. To see the Book View version again, you can close the file's tab, switch to Book View, then re-open the file (or the book).

As a side note, even though you can still save the file, FlightCrew will point out the same error with the character.

Glad to see you were able to find and fix the invalid character using the Open With feature and a hex editor, but you can also just do a search in Code View for \x1B
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the tip on using Search!

The latest is more troubling. You highlight something in code view, press a key and the cursor jumps to the top of the page. If you enter more than a character, it ends up at the top of the page too. This happens quite often but not every time. I am trying to figure what makes the difference.

This is happening too when I just insert a cursor and type a letter. It jumps back to the same point in the document. This action occurs when you open another program (my PDF program to check the word or spelling) while already in Sigil. Then you come back and this behavior occurs.

Last edited by mrmikel; 12-03-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Thanks for the tip on using Search!

The latest is more troubling. You highlight something in code view, press a key and the cursor jumps to the top of the page. If you enter more than a character, it ends up at the top of the page too. This happens quite often but not every time. I am trying to figure what makes the difference.
I'm also having problems with the cursor continually jumping to the top of the page after making a correction (for example, after deleting a blank space by pressing the backspace). I have to do an undo to find my place again.

It's happening so much that I've gone back to 6.0.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The cursor jumping seems to be a reproducible issue so we'll definitely look into it.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
mrmikel
Color me gone

I'd ask that in future updates the clips file is carried over. Upgrade to 6.1 knocked out the clips. Fortunately my clips file is quite small.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #8
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
I'd ask that in future updates the clips file is carried over. Upgrade to 6.1 knocked out the clips. Fortunately my clips file is quite small.
The clips, searches, and index files should all be left as is from 0.6.0. At least they are for me. Did you delete 0.6.0 before installing 0.6.1? The sigil_clips.ini file is only recreated and populated with examples if it doesn't exist.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
mrmikel
Color me gone

No. Did not reinstall. I just starting the machine this morning and the clips I had created were not there....Hm.. I was using 0.6.1 then. Let me restart and see what happens.

Restarted, still there. Can not be entirely sure. Spent yesterday fighting the jitterbug cursor and it happened during a very challenging book, naturally

Last edited by mrmikel; 12-04-2012 at 08:39 AM.