Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-28-2023, 05:27 PM   #35956
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Was rather unwell on a flight from Singapore to Honolulu via Taipei, fortunately the plane was half empty so I was able to grab four seats at the back to lie on.

Self inflicted poisoning - too much booze with the fish head curry and chilli crab.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:44 PM   #35957
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
In my case, expired food bank offerings -- I imagine a smell/taste test would've caught it except I have lingering remains of a cold from last month
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:48 PM   #35958
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I got food poisoning...
I hope the worst is over. My sympathies!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 09:00 PM   #35959
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Was rather unwell on a flight from Singapore to Honolulu via Taipei, fortunately the plane was half empty so I was able to grab four seats at the back to lie on.

Self inflicted poisoning - too much booze with the fish head curry and chilli crab.
Oh, god!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 01:46 AM   #35960
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
So sorry. BTDT. Not fun. Worst was a time I got it after a business lunch during a power outage in SF. It hit the next day on the plane to Hawaii for a vacation. Trust me, you don’t want this on a plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Having any sort of illness on a plane is grim; that would be a nightmare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by isarl View Post
Fully prepared to take this one on faith – no need to replicate your trial! What a nightmare!
Yes, it was a nightmare, and yes, I advise taking it on faith!!! I eventually made it to the room in Lanai, somehow, and then spent the rest of my vacation not eating. By the 4th day I was able to eat a bit of grilled fish and some white rice. But up to then was fairly horrible.

Should you ever find yourself in a power outage, do NOT trust the aoli that has been out for too long. This one was worse than the bad clam I had on a motorcycle trip down the east coast of the US.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 06:38 PM   #35961
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Been having back pain even 5 weeks after I fell backwards at home. It got so bad on Monday that I realized that I have to see someone about it even before I go for to knee doctor, but it was so much better after a lot of sleep on Tuesday. Not good today. I swam last night. It might be too much stretching (.85 mile). I have no trouble walking though. It's better if I keep moving. Started sleeping with pillow between my knees to keep the back in good position.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 06:58 PM   #35962
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I think I went from an ebook addiction to a device addiction. I just bought the Scribe. Now I'm buying the Elipsa not to mention I own 3 ipads and 3 galaxy tabs. I also have 2 Oasis, 4 Nooks lol

I almost forgot i have Kobo H20 and the 1st gen Clara

Last edited by HLS; 03-29-2023 at 07:04 PM.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:04 PM   #35963
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I been sleeping well the past 12 months then out of the blue 11 days ago I been waking up stiff and sore and in pain. Not able to sleep. Nothing changed to trigger this. I would sleep fine the first 3 hrs of the night but the remaining time in bed im up and awake. up and down up and down ... I am losing my mind. I even take strong meds that knock you out
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:10 PM   #35964
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If applicable, when was the last time you flipped/rotated the mattress? They tend to sag a bit after a while.
Old 04-02-2023, 07:06 AM   #35965
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
When baseball season starts with your team on a west coast swing and you're in the Eastern Timezone. One of the first seven games are on at a reasonable time.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 07:57 AM   #35966
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
When baseball season starts with your team on a west coast swing and you're in the Eastern Timezone. One of the first seven games are on at a reasonable time.
Those 10 p.m. games are a pain for sure. I watched one of the Guardians game in a replay the following morning.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 07:58 AM   #35967
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I been sleeping well the past 12 months then out of the blue 11 days ago I been waking up stiff and sore and in pain. Not able to sleep. Nothing changed to trigger this. I would sleep fine the first 3 hrs of the night but the remaining time in bed im up and awake. up and down up and down ... I am losing my mind. I even take strong meds that knock you out
Might be time for a new mattress. How old is the one you're using?
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 09:42 AM   #35968
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Might be time for a new mattress. How old is the one you're using?
True indeed. Mattresses wear out a lot sooner than people expect.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 01:14 PM   #35969
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I never realized this until a German friend pointed it out, but "pulling yourself up by your bootstraps" is physically impossible (and possibly a good way to trip and fall).
Old 04-03-2023, 04:24 PM   #35970
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Searching for or women's shirts size medium on the eBay app results in the app autoselecting also juniors medium and maternity medium. For those unfamiliar with US women's clothing sizes, juniors sizes are much smaller and usually intended for skinny teenagers. And why on earth would they think everyone one searching for women's medium clothing would want to search maternity clothing by default?

If I uncheck either the juniors or maternity size selection the app then unchecks the regular medium size category too.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness