Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-22-2018, 07:11 PM   #16
pnpires
pnpires began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thanks. I got it under the koreader additions, a bit awkward not being in the main menu but it works as expected. I only miss autolight (a big miss though)
pnpires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:41 AM   #17
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
There is an autolight plugin in KOReader but as I don't use it I don't know how it works. But if i'm not wrong it should work for your ka1

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ight.koplugin/
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2018, 08:10 AM   #18
pnpires

Hummm....

if not Device:isKindle()
return { disabled = true, }

I guess is just for some Kindles, it's not working on KA1 yet! I hope!
Old 05-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #19
pnpires

From what I see here https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2500 is almost sorted out. Maybe one of these days
Old 05-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #20
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Check out the info for these releases.

Unless something broke, that required a revision, it should still be working.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #21
pnpires

It should? I have no "auto" option for brightness on my Aura One. And why is the "Light sensor Kobo Aura One (feature request) #2500" still Open?
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2500
Old 05-23-2018, 10:15 AM   #22
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Yup, Ken, the auto warmth is not the same thing than autofrontlight. The autowarm adjust the warmth of an already enabled frontlight from 0 to max and belongs to the kobolight plugin along with the brightness (which is another option); the autofrontlight should auto-turn on the light when it's dark (from off to on).

(the auto-warmth is still working, btw :-))
Old 05-23-2018, 10:34 AM   #23
pnpires

Let's hope it'll go forward. Apparently it was already tecnically sorted out.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:46 AM   #24
cramoisi
Librarian

give it a bump
Old 05-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #25
pnpires

I wish I could. I understood the conversation they had in the thread, but I can't go any further than that.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:55 PM   #26
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Turning on the lighting whenever it is in a dark place would not be something I would want anyway. I don't own an Aura One, so not really a worry of mine.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:16 PM   #27
cramoisi
Librarian

I barely use the frontlight myself
Old 05-23-2018, 04:17 PM   #28
pnpires

Actually is a great feature. It's subtle and you don't even notice it because it adapts to the environment. It's one of those things you only miss when you don't have it. I use my kobo when commuting and I never noticed the light bumping on. But since I'm using koreader I have to manually switch the light in 2 or 3 places along the morning travel

I really hope it will pop up one of these days.