Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #1
Techno
Enthusiast
Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PC/Tablet
Version?

Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is another version I should be using?

The problem is that I really want Calibre Wireless and front light gestures to work. I think I am using whatever was the last stable release on May 7th. And both of those features work, which is great, but I want to be able to use Nickel too. With my current installation, Nickel won't open at all.

I struggle with installing/updating and I already have been through 3 or 4 installs, so I'm afraid to start over, but is there a way I can have both features and Nickel working?
Techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Yes, of course. I have all of that and Coolreader as well. Nickel works, at least my older firmware Nickel works, launched from KSM, as does current KOReader and other software. There are reports of others who use KSM8 with patches and current versions of KOReader, even with the recent Kobo firmware.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2018, 04:22 PM   #3
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Nickel should open without problems with KSM. Are you using KSM?
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:27 PM   #4
Techno
Enthusiast
Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Nickel should open without problems with KSM. Are you using KSM?
I am. Nickel opened for me when I had the nightly release, but not since I switched back.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:55 PM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
KOReader version should have nothing to do with being able to start Nickel from KSM.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2018, 11:09 PM   #6
Techno
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
KOReader version should have nothing to do with being able to start Nickel from KSM.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks!
Old 01-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #7
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno View Post
I am. Nickel opened for me when I had the nightly release, but not since I switched back.
I'm not sure what you mean with what I made bold.

With KSM you have different programs, they are in their respectful directories (at least in most cases), they work totally independently from each other.

For koreader just go with latest version.

There can be some problems with latest CoolReader versions, that need some changes with KSM as I remember correctly.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:33 PM   #8
Techno
Enthusiast

I found I can start Nickel through Tools (but then it's more of a pain to return to KSM). https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=953

I can live with that, but now I found my Calibre Wireless isn't working. On the Kobo it says connected, but Calibre doesn't show it as a device or show the message that it's connected. I updated Calibre but no dice. I guess I might update KOReader, but I'm afraid of something else breaking like the light gestures.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
It's probably this bug that was fixed a little over a week ago: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3558

That's included as part of https://github.com/koreader/koreader....01.10-nightly
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote