Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-28-2018, 02:07 PM   #16
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Its not amazon its the bank card that declined your charge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertolt View Post
That is very unlikely, since they paid everything else that I bought with the card during this month and I use the card a lot. It appears that many other people have had similar problems too.
It is always the issuer of your card that approves or declines the sale. When your card is physically inserted or swiped into a charge machine or entered into the correct fields on a web page, it is not the company you are buying from that approves or declines the sale. If that was the case retailers would never decline a sale. A retailer can ask for an override in certain situations, but if it is a fraudulent sale the merchant is responsible for the loss. If the merchant follows all of the required steps in accepting a charge sale, and it is fraudulent, then the card issuer takes the loss. I was a merchant for 30 years. How would I ever know whether to decline a sale or not. Merchants are not allowed access to any personal or financial information of any card holder. It is illegal and against the rules of your merchant agreement. Unless you are the cardholder merchant services will not give you any reason for declining a sale. So kcladyz is correct in his statement.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:55 PM   #17
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
It is always the issuer of your card that approves or declines the sale. When your card is physically inserted or swiped into a charge machine or entered into the correct fields on a web page, it is not the company you are buying from that approves or declines the sale. If that was the case retailers would never decline a sale. A retailer can ask for an override in certain situations, but if it is a fraudulent sale the merchant is responsible for the loss. If the merchant follows all of the required steps in accepting a charge sale, and it is fraudulent, then the card issuer takes the loss. I was a merchant for 30 years. How would I ever know whether to decline a sale or not. Merchants are not allowed access to any personal or financial information of any card holder. It is illegal and against the rules of your merchant agreement. Unless you are the cardholder merchant services will not give you any reason for declining a sale. So kcladyz is correct in his statement.
Apache
Card's are declined for a number of reason, ranging for insufficient funds to suspected fraud. Depending on card issuer, the suspected fraud can get triggered for a lot of reasons - you haven't used the card in a while, you haven't bought anything at that store before, you usage pattern might trigger something (i.e. a number of online purchases one after another).

My bank has a very quick fraud trigger finger. I've had a number of purchases declined with an email from the bank about 5 minutes later asking "did you try to make this purchase" If I click yes, then I can try again and the purchase will go through. It's annoying and can be a bit embarrassing(since a lot of people simply assume that purchases are declined for lack of funds), but it's just the way credit cards work these days.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:01 PM   #18
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
@Bertoli. Nowhere in your posts do I see any description of your attempts to resolve the matter with Amazon. Or undertake what should be the trivial task of downloading your book when it did not do so automatically. However, it seems you travelled to the UK to resolve your problems with your Bank.

IMHO it is Amazon first and daylight second. Good luck with Kobo.

Last edited by darryl; 04-28-2018 at 07:06 PM.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:30 AM   #19
Bertolt
Connoisseur
Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle K4, Kobo mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
@Bertoli. Nowhere in your posts do I see any description of your attempts to resolve the matter with Amazon. Or undertake what should be the trivial task of downloading your book when it did not do so automatically. However, it seems you travelled to the UK to resolve your problems with your Bank.
IMHO it is Amazon first and daylight second. Good luck with Kobo.
Who is Bertoli?
I have spent literally hours trying to resolve the issue with Amazon. I have tried to spare people the trouble of reading through all the boring detail. And Amazon has put every obstacle they could in my way. I have jumped through so many of their hoops only to find that they are waiting there with one more hoop. That is not what good customer relations looks like IMHO.
I object to the implication that this is all my fault.

Last edited by Bertolt; 05-04-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Bertolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:46 AM   #20
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Who is Bertoli?
I have spent literally hours trying to resolve the issue with Amazon. And Amazon has put every obstacle they could in my way. I have jumped through so many of their hoops only to find that they are waiting there with one more hoop. That is not what good customer relations looks like IMHO.
I object to the implication that this is all my fault.
Sorry for the spelling error.

This is the first mention you have made of attempting to resolve the matter with Amazon. My comments were absolutely justified based on what you had posted. You can draw whatever implication you like. I certainly did not say it was all your fault nor do I think you can draw that implication from what I said. Clearly the problem with the credit card does not seem to be your fault, as your bank compensated you for it. I quite plainly stated my puzzlement that you did not apparently "undertake what should be the trivial task of downloading your book when it did not do so automatically." I must admit that I remain puzzled as to what you talked about with Amazon on the phone for all those hours or what your problem with Amazon actually is. The Credit Card problem seemed to be the fault of your bank. Your other problem so far as I can make out is that the book, once paid for, did not download automatically. If there was an implication in my post it was that you seem to have over-reacted to something trivial (ie; the need to manually download the book). If this is in fact what your problem was then I am still of that point of view. I wish you luck with Kobo.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:18 AM   #21
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Who is Bertoli?
Here in the USA, it's a brand of tomato sauce! Which, by the way, I believe you can buy on Amazon.

Wow! The circle of life!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:00 PM   #22
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
If a problem with a credit card arises when buying a Kindle book, fixing the credit card issue on the Amazon account is only part of the fix. You also have to fix the card details for that specific purchase.

If you don’t do that second step, the original purchase won’t be processed correctly, and the book can’t be downloaded.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:45 PM   #23
darryl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Here in the USA, it's a brand of tomato sauce! Which, by the way, I believe you can buy on Amazon.

Wow! The circle of life!
Here it's the brand of a range of olive oil products!
Old 05-06-2018, 03:57 AM   #24
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:

Wow! The circle of life!
I'm in the US and I've never seen tomato sauce.
Quote:
This is what I have seen as well.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:23 AM   #25
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I'm in the US and I've never seen tomato sauce.

This is what I have seen as well.
The spaghetti sauce by that name is on the shelves of my local Publix in Atlanta. It may be a regionally stocked thing.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:28 PM   #26
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I'm in the southeastern US and this is what I think of as "tomato sauce" (as opposed to "spaghetti sauce" or "pasta sauce"):

https://www.hunts.com/tomato-sauce/tomato-sauce-0

http://www.delmonte.com/products/tom...e/tomato-sauce

I'm not a cook myself, but I have seen family members use tomato sauce as base for homemade spaghetti sauce.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:23 PM   #27
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I'm in the southeastern US and this is what I think of as "tomato sauce" (as opposed to "spaghetti sauce" or "pasta sauce"):

https://www.hunts.com/tomato-sauce/tomato-sauce-0

http://www.delmonte.com/products/tom...e/tomato-sauce

I'm not a cook myself, but I have seen family members use tomato sauce as base for homemade spaghetti sauce.
True, but since I knew that there was a brand of spaghetti sauce by that name, that's what I assumed he meant. Tomato sauce tends to be a few major brands (hunts being the big one) and that's about it. There are a number of different brands of spaghetti sauce.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:04 AM   #28
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Here in the USA, it's a brand of tomato sauce!
Quote:
They are one in the same! Bertolli
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, customer-friendly, other ereaders