Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-09-2016, 06:22 AM   #1
nylnook
nylnook began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy Please don't downscale or convert my images, ebook-convert !

Hi Mobile Read community !

As mentioned before here on this forum, I'm trying to convert an CBZ file containing a serie of jpg file into an EPUB... and to be Amazon compliant... to distribute my first comic.

But... ! Amazon now recommend large HD image files (see p.53) and a 1920x1200 definition is a minimum...

for now I have 1020x1447 px images (to be upgraded if needed), and I just what them to be kept as they are.
And converting to an epub command line, I can't find a way to stop calibre down-scaling them to 531x754, and converting them to png which result in smaller images and increased kilobytes !

here is the command line I use :

Code:
ebook-convert $joinedfilename.cbz $joinedfilename.epub --authors "$creator" --publisher "$creator" --title "$title" --isbn "$ebookIsbn" --pubdate "$pubDate" --no-default-epub-cover --dont-grayscale --dont-normalize --keep-aspect-ratio --comic-image-size "1020x1447" --disable-trim --dont-add-comic-pages-to-toc --wide
and processing I always get :
Code:
Rescaling image from 1020x1447 to 531x754 0_0.png
the option --comic-image-size "1020x1447" doesn't look to do anything...

Any idea ?
Is there another command line option ? should I use another input format ?
Thanks in advance !
nylnook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
--output-profile tablet
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2016, 05:05 AM   #3
nylnook

Great kovidgoyal !!! It works, thanks a lot !

Maybe to add to the documentation.... ? it mentions the output profile, but nothing say the tablet one wil not convert pictures...

And thanks a lot for you work on Calibre
Old 02-11-2016, 06:08 AM   #4
nylnook

Note for other readers : add
--output-format jpg

to keep the jpg format