Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
rosehrt
rosehrt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre 0.7.4 crashing

Please I need help calibre 0.7.4 keeps crashing seems to happen a little bit after downloading metadata. My operating system is windows 7.

Get the following error:

"WARNING: There were errors: There were errors downloading social metadata

LibraryThing

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\fetch.py", line 222, in fetch
Exception: Failed to lock"

And when running in debug mode I get this debug error just before a crash:

"QT Thread: Destroyed While thread is still running."

Also I had the Jason Cassidy LibraryThing plug-in. I have since removed it, thinking it was causing the crashing, but still had the above errors after I removed it.

Rest of debug window had the following upon crash:

"Starting up.....

link hasn't been detected
link hasn't been detected

Started up in 10.9110000134

QT Thread: Destroyed While thread is still running
QT Thread: Destroyed While thread is still running
rosehrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosehrt View Post
Also I had the Jason Cassidy LibraryThing plug-in. I have since removed it, thinking it was causing the crashing, but still had the above errors after I removed it.
I'm curious after removing the plugin did you restart calibre? For that matter after the crash and removing the plugin did you restart your computer?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can work around the problem by going to

Preferences->Plugins->Metadata download plugins and disabling the LibraryThing plugin
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
rosehrt
rosehrt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm curious after removing the plugin did you restart calibre? For that matter after the crash and removing the plugin did you restart your computer?
Yes, I did restart the computer after removing the Jason Cassidy libarything plugin, but calibre still crashed.

But kovidgoyal suggestion of Preferences->Plugins->Metadata download plugins and disabling the kovidgoyal LibraryThing plugin seems to have worked. I was able to add metadata to several books without crashing.

Though I will have to really test it out tomorrow when I have more time. Though it seems the two libraryThing plugins seemed to work fine together until version o.7.4

Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it.
rosehrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:06 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
But kovidgoyal suggestion of Preferences->Plugins->Metadata download plugins and disabling the kovidgoyal LibraryThing plugin seems to have worked. I was able to add metadata to several books without crashing.
When you said LibraryThing plugin I thought you were referring to the plugin we all have. Even though you said Jason Cassidy It didn't occur to me that you were using a different plugin then the rest of us.

Quote:
Though it seems the two libraryThing plugins seemed to work fine together until version o.7.4
The Librarything plugin included in the Calibre install is relatively new (introduced? in the 0.7.3) which got changed to 0.7.4 within a day. I think this was the first time you had both plugins active.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert