Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-29-2018, 12:34 AM   #1
minusatwelfth
minusatwelfth began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for pc
Cropped page on the right edge, Help!

Hey,

I've been trying to convert a AZW3 file to PDF, and the pdf ends up being cropped on the right edge.

Please let me know if you need the file.

Thanks
minusatwelfth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Increase the PDF page size or add some CSS to the azw3 file to auto-fit images. You can probably use the extra css conversion setting for that, something like

Code:
img { max-width: 90% !important; }
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2018, 12:55 AM   #3
minusatwelfth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Increase the PDF page size or add some CSS to the azw3 file to auto-fit images. You can probably use the extra css conversion setting for that, something like

Code:
img { max-width: 90% !important; }
Sorry, I'm very new at this. How would I increase PDF page size? I tried playing around with different input/output profiles to no avail.

I will also try the CSS setting

Last edited by minusatwelfth; 06-29-2018 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:08 AM   #4
minusatwelfth

I copied and pasted that code into 'Extra CSS' under 'Styling', pressed OK, and the result is still cropped on the right edge. I even tried img { max-width: 40% !important; }
and it made no difference at all! The output is always cropped by the same amount I think. Maybe I'm doing something wrong
Old 06-29-2018, 01:26 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The PDF page size is accessible under the PDF output section of the conversion dialog. And note that you need to add the extra css also in the conversion dialog (not in general preferences)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2018, 01:58 PM   #6
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Under Preferences --> Conversion --> Common Options --> Look and Feel --> Styling:

Try the following:

Enter the class that's used for the image (it might not be "img")--let's say it is calibre3, for example, so change calibre3 below to whatever class is being used:

Copy and paste the following into the Styling section:

.calibre3 {
width: 100%;
}
deback is offline   Reply With Quote