Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-19-2020, 12:30 PM   #1
Bonniej88
Bonniej88 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, 1st gen
Changed the battery, Paperwhite light gone

I just changed the battery in my 1st gen Paperwhite and now the light no longer works. I don’t see that I did any physical damage and my google search of the problem was inconclusive. Has anyone else experienced and overcome this?
Bonniej88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 01:16 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", KO2, Paperwhite 2019
I suggest taking advantage of Amazon's current trade in offer. You'd get a little for the old model, and 20% off a new Paperwhite.

The newer Paperwhite is much much better than the 1st gen Paperwhite model.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2020, 01:58 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Perhaps the power for the LEDs is via a spring clip.

The trade in is hardly worth it as it's still a decent touch screen ereader to pass on to someone used to reading yellowed paperbacks at home with an adequate light. I never use the front light at home (three models) and rarely anywhere else.

If returning or passing on (and the discount is PURELY to stop you passing it on!), do deregister on the device AND your amazon account. Or you can re-register it to a different Amazon Market place if you have an issue with ebook availability. Use a 1$ or similar gift voucher (bought on USA Marketplace) and a different email address to avoid having to give payment card details when registering, which without and address is assumed to be the USA (hence the Gift Voucher has to be bought on USA Site, possible no matter where buyer is registered). Also a good idea for younger readers. The "Kids/Parental" control mode is nasty as the "kid" then can't read ANY public Domain books or books bought on other stores, only approved purchases from Amazon.

Gift vouchers usually can only be redeemed on the Marketplace where purchased.

Last edited by Quoth; 04-19-2020 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Voucher
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 01:59 PM   #4
Bonniej88
Bonniej88 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, 1st gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I suggest taking advantage of Amazon's current trade in offer. You'd get a little for the old model, and 20% off a new Paperwhite.

I might do that as a last resort. I don’t really see $5 for a trade-in and 20% off as much of an incentive. It’s not like I don’t have other e-reader options; I just like the light weight and low distraction potential of the Paperwhite. If I get a new one, I’ll just pass this on to the kids, as Quoth suggests above.

Last edited by Bonniej88; 04-19-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Bonniej88 is offline   Reply With Quote