Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #871
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
It seems that Notepad++ can't handle regular expression replace properly (as per specified syntax). But it does wortk if you use \2\1 for replacement (use backslash instead of string).

I am not sure if Notepad++ can handle multiple files, though. I use FAR Manager with RESearch plugin and that works like a charm.
Is Far Manager a program to bulk edit a lot of html files? Because I was thinking if so this could save me a lot of time since I have 130-150 stories.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #872
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Is Far Manager a program to bulk edit a lot of html files? Because I was thinking if so this could save me a lot of time since I have 130-150 stories.
FAR Manager is a file manager. One of its plugins, RESearch provides regular expression search and replace to many components of FAR; one of its features is the ability to perform regexp s&r on multiple files at once.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #873
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
It seems that Notepad++ can't handle regular expression replace properly (as per specified syntax). But it does wortk if you use \2\1 for replacement (use backslash instead of string).

I am not sure if Notepad++ can handle multiple files, though. I use FAR Manager with RESearch plugin and that works like a charm.
I do use Notepad++ and it does work fine with multiple files. It has tabs for the different files and it also allows you to search/replace all the files loaded.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #874
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
FAR Manager is a file manager. One of its plugins, RESearch provides regular expression search and replace to many components of FAR; one of its features is the ability to perform regexp s&r on multiple files at once.
This looks like it has a lot of potential to save me time. I was originally looking to see if I can accomplish the same task via Word with macros (but I haven't looked into batch editing via macros?)
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
html2lrf, libprs500