Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
Selzernium
Enthusiast
Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-505
Calibre pdf-to-lrf Problem

Hej!

First I must say I love calibre really my (new and shiny) 505sc would be a lot poorer without it. So thank you kovidgoyal.

I have updated calibre to the new version 0.4.84 but since then i am having pdf conversion problems here is the latest error message which I hope you will help me overcome it.

Quote:
('ConversionError', u"pdftohtml version 0.39
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 915, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 873, in work
File "F:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 173, in main
File "F:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 143, in process_file
File "F:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\pdf\c onvert_from.py", line 93, in process_file
File "F:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\pdf\c onvert_from.py", line 54, in generate_html
ConversionError: pdftohtml version 0.39
Selzernium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
fixed in 0.4.85
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
Selzernium
Enthusiast
Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thumbs up Thanks m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
fixed in 0.4.85
That was fast, I am speechless, tusen tack m8

My very best regards/Adam M
Old 09-20-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
Selzernium
Enthusiast

Talking Flawless

I wanted to let you know that it worked flawlessly, again thank you very much.

Best regards
Old 09-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
BlackEel
BlackEel began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
PDF to LRF error

I also have an error converting from PDF to LRF
I am using v0.4.85

Code:
Log:

('ConversionError', u'calibre_0.4.85_sjri2f.pdf does not allow copying of text.')
File "parallel.py", line 915, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 873, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.py", line 173, in main
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.py", line 143, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\pdf\convert_from.py", line 93, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\pdf\convert_from.py", line 56, in generate_html
ConversionError: calibre_0.4.85_sjri2f.pdf does not allow copying of text.
BlackEel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That PDF has copy protection enabled, which calibre respects.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #7
BlackEel

Can you be more specific about the copy protection?

I specifically edited the PDF with Acrobat and removed all security before trying to convert it. Is there some other copy protection that can be active on a PDF file?

Thanks for the quick reply BTW
Old 09-23-2008, 11:48 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It appears to have its no-copying bit set. i.e. the creator of the PDF file doesn't want it to be format shifted. I dont think you can remove that restriction in acrobat.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #9
BlackEel

That is very strange... When I open the PDF in Acrobat it says there is no security:

Quote:
Security Method: No Security
Can be opened by: All versions of Acrobat

Printing: Allowed
Changing the Document: Allowed
Document Assembly: Allowed
Content Copying: Allowed
Content Copying for Accessibility: Allowed
Page Extraction: Allowed
Commenting: Allowed
Filling of form fields: Allowed
Signing: Allowed
Creation of Template Pages: Allowed
But I still get the error message below when trying to convert it, now in v0.4.86

Code:
Log:

('ConversionError', u'calibre_0.4.86_1ijcrc.pdf does not allow copying of text.')
File "parallel.py", line 925, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 883, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.py", line 173, in main
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.py", line 143, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\pdf\convert_from.py", line 93, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\pdf\convert_from.py", line 56, in generate_html
ConversionError: calibre_0.4.86_1ijcrc.pdf does not allow copying of text.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I suggest converting the file to HTML in adobe acrobat and the converting the resulting HTML to LRF.