Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-20-2021, 05:55 PM   #241
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Have I missed this somewhere, what's the storage volume for the Sage? I'm looking at the kobo site and comparing devices but it doesn't show for the Sage.

On another point. I couldn't help but reflect on the old Sony ereaders having audio capability all those years ago.
32GB. It’s on the Sage’s page on Kobos site
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 05:57 PM   #242
HknGrss
Enthusiast
HknGrss began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
I wonder if kobo's strategy is to release it a bit later on. Especially if there are supply problems.
Possible. Even if he brought it later, he should have been notified. I also don't think it's a supply issue. If it did, it would be a problem for Libra 2.
Worst of all, the distributor in Turkey does not respond to e-mails.
HknGrss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 07:48 PM   #243
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by HknGrss View Post
Possible. Even if he brought it later, he should have been notified. I also don't think it's a supply issue. If it did, it would be a problem for Libra 2.
Not likely. I doubt that there are any common parts between the two devices. It could be a supply issue with single part that the Sage needs. But, it could be that Kobo miscalculated the popularity of the two devices. Maybe more people are going up in size to the Sage or want the stylus than they expected.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:46 AM   #244
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
has the payment come out of your account?
No, it hasn't. I contacted Fnac this morning, and they say Kobo said they would deliver the reader between 19 and 22 Otober, but the cover (green for me) is out of stock. Fnac hasn't yet received anything, so I don't know when I will have it should Kobo deliver it as indicated.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 05:31 AM   #245
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Here's a video of the Sage at last. Unfortunately for most of us, it's in Japanese. Still, at least one can get to see the device.

Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 05:56 AM   #246
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Here's a video of the Sage at last. Unfortunately for most of us, it's in Japanese. Still, at least one can get to see the device.

The screen looks good, and the reviewer replied in English to another viewer's query, so thanks for the link
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:55 AM   #247
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Too bad there are no subs.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:58 AM   #248
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Too bad there are no subs.
If I were REALLY keen I'd screenshot the auto-generated Japanese subs and run them Google Translate to get the gist of what he he's saying. But I'm not, so I won't
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:59 AM   #249
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
We were looking at those when we did our bedroom. However, the style we wanted didn't have the USB-ports. And no, I won't put some ugly sockets so I can charge my reader. But we're going offtopic here. I just answered why a long battery life is important to me.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:32 PM   #250
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Built-in USB sockets is a fire risk and possible RFI issue apart from fact they'll last a fraction of the time of the sockets.
Safest to use chargers that can be unplugged.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 10:30 PM   #251
ladybugh
Enthusiast
ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Sage and Elipsa
Got my Sage and have to say I really like the size (I also have the Auro HD and the Elipsa). I haven't received my green sage sleep case though - seems like those are delayed.
ladybugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 08:06 AM   #252
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Is Delaware still tax free? I think it was Delaware

Edit
and iirc I don't pay local taxes when I purchase for export eg UK and i think Canada
What's local taxes? Local to you or local to the product you're buying? Typically on export you don't pay the taxes for the country of where you are buying but if it's valuable and if it's shipped by not the postal service you're going to pay import duty on it. If you're using a proxy service to ship to you something that otherwise would not be able to be shipped to you, you will end up paying that countries sales tax too. At least that's been my experience in Canada.

I think any "savings" you have buying a Sage elsewhere and having it shipped to you will easily be eroded by the shipping cost and the import duty you will end up paying.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 08:51 AM   #253
FireFrog
Enthusiast
FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle 2019, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
What's local taxes? Local to you or local to the product you're buying? Typically on export you don't pay the taxes for the country of where you are buying but if it's valuable and if it's shipped by not the postal service you're going to pay import duty on it. If you're using a proxy service to ship to you something that otherwise would not be able to be shipped to you, you will end up paying that countries sales tax too. At least that's been my experience in Canada.
The US has State Sales tax. Certain states impose taxes when you order online within the US. For example buying Kobo Libra 2 on Rakuten US shipping to California, I would pay an additional fee of $19.35 for taxes. But I will only pay the MSRP of $179.99 if I were to ship to Oregon as Oregon does not have State Sales taxes.
FireFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 04:43 PM   #254
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Just bought the Sage from Indigo Canada, and my visa account shows total fees as $387.12 aud. (Australian price for Kobo: $439.95 + $10 ish postage)

Breakdown is: CAD299.99 for device, $46.41 shipping, no taxes.

Will be sent to my PO box here in Sydney, my preferred method of receipt. Due date probably November.

As a by the way, I recently had an item shipped from Sweden to my PO Box, and I thought that would take till December as well. Lo and behold I got the item 8 working days later, which is way faster than some courier items are arriving in Sydney from another address in Sydney, because of the huge backlog. Truly I couldn't believe it when I saw this item postmarked from Sweden, because we have a closed border in aus, and receiving flights in a seriously reduced format.

@Sirtel and @HknGrss unfortunately Indigo Canada don't ship to either Estonia or Turkey, I checked for you both hoping they would.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 10-23-2021 at 06:45 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 04:50 PM   #255
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:

Sirtel and HknGrss unfortunately Indigo Canada don't ship to either Estonia or Turkey, I checked for you both hoping they would.
Thanks for checking.

Seems that Amazon.fr will ship to Estonia, so I'm going to order from them. Or use a mail forwarder and order from Coolblue.de, for example.

Neither of them have the Sage in stock just now, but I'm in no hurry. It's not as if I have nothing else to read on.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote