Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-21-2020, 07:34 PM   #6676
abqkjh
Zealot
abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto e5
Audible Originals -- some March Selections

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-29-2020 at 07:19 PM. Reason: added Tell Me Lies
abqkjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:44 AM   #6677
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 22 Feb @ 11:59 pm GMT
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2020, 09:51 AM   #6678
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 22 Feb @ 11:59 pm PT

* The Killer Collective: $1.99 when you buy the Kindle edition first

* The Mummy!: A Tale of the Twenty-Second Century
Old 02-23-2020, 08:03 AM   #6679
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 23 Feb @ 11:59 pm GMT
Old 02-23-2020, 08:09 AM   #6680
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 23 Feb @ 11:59 pm PT

* Mythical Me: Finding Freedom from Constant Comparison
Advert
Old 02-23-2020, 08:35 AM   #6681
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

SYNC Audio -- Weekly Offers -- 30 Apr ~ 29 Jul

Details --> Archives | DRM | FAQs | Restrictions | SORA | Updates -- Blog | Face | Twitter
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    No Longer DRM-Free

SYNC books are no longer DRM-Free. Your books can only be played on devices capable of downloading the Sora app. Books aren't stored in the cloud and are only stored on individual devices within the app. If you want your books on multiple devices, you must download each book separately to each device during the download period. As such, you won't be able to sync your books across multiple devices. If you delete a book from your device, you will lose it forever; unless you have it stored on more than one device. If you wish to download your books to non-Sora devices, you must break DRM. Remember, MobileRead Policy does not allow discussing procedures for breaking DRM (Google is your friend).

For additional information, see FAQs
    Quote:
    FAQs -- detailed information about the program
    Quote:
    Listeners Outside the US -- no geo-restrictions

In years past we have had some rights-restricted titles that were unavailable in parts of the world. This year we are very pleased to say that ALL SYNC titles are available worldwide. If you encounter any issues please email us at synchelp@audiofilemagazine.com
    Quote:
    Updates -- 23 Feb | 06 Mar
    Quote:
    What is SYNC?

What? -- SYNC is a free summer audiobook program for teens 13+. Returning April 30th and continuing 13 weeks until July 29, SYNC gives participants two thematically paired audiobooks a week. In 2019, 28 titles were given away over 14 weeks.

Why? -- SYNC introduces a variety of audiobook experiences to teens to demonstrate that reading can be completed by listening.

Who? -- SYNC is sponsored by AudioFile Magazine and titles are delivered through Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive. In advance of accessing the program, download the app from Apple or Google, to the device you anticipate listening on and be ready to go!
    Quote:
    How long will each audiobook be available for download and when does each SYNC week start?

Each audiobook will be available for you to load into the app for one week. The files are available from Thursday morning 12am Eastern Time until the following Thursday morning [Wednesday night] at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time when the new audiobook titles become available. When you have loaded the titles into the app they are yours to keep.

Weekly Offers (26 titles) -- 30 Apr ~ 29 Jul (13 wks)

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-13-2020 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:55 AM   #6682
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

SYNC Audio 2020

There's been a major change in how you download these free books this year. The OverDrive app will no longer work. You must use SORA, OverDrive's free app for students, which is available to everyone, including non-students.

Also note that there are NO geo-restricted titles this year - yay

Quote:
I use the Libby app. Can I use this for SYNC titles instead of the Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive?

In 2020 the SYNC program will only work with Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive. You do not need to be affiliated with a school to use the SORA app for SYNC. Instructions on how to set up your SYNC account in SORA coming in March 2020.

Each title will be available to checkout for one week only, but once borrowed, it will be available to the user indefinitely within Sora. PLEASE NOTE: The SYNC program does not work with the Libby app and in 2020 will no longer work with the OverDrive app.
Quote:
SYNC Participation Prep

You must have Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive. Each title will be available to checkout for one week only, but once borrowed, it will be available to the user indefinitely within Sora. PLEASE NOTE: The SYNC program does not work with the Libby app and in 2020 will no longer work with the OverDrive app.

Install Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive - available in the Apple App or Google Play store on your preferred listening device.
Quote:
Listeners Outside the U.S.

In years past we have had some rights-restricted titles that were unavailable in parts of the world. This year we are very pleased to say that ALL SYNC titles are available worldwide. If you encounter any issues please email us at synchelp@audiofilemagazine.com

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-23-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:06 PM   #6683
keithdt
Connoisseur
keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
SYNC Audio 2020

There's been a major change in how you download these free books this year. The OverDrive app will no longer work. You must use SORA, OverDrive's free app for students, which is available to everyone, including non-students.

Also note that there are NO geo-restricted titles this year - yay
Sora app doesn't seem to be available in Amazon app store, but Google Play has it.

2 Notable Titles that jumped out from just scanning the list:
New York 2140 - Kim Stanley Robinson - July 16-22
Kindred - Octavia Butler - July 23-29

Last edited by keithdt; 02-23-2020 at 01:12 PM.
keithdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 02:23 PM   #6684
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Yuck. Just what I need, another app.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 02:29 PM   #6685
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdt View Post
Sora app doesn't seem to be available in Amazon app store, but Google Play has it.
Yeah, I noticed that. It's only Apple and Google.

The good news (at least for me) is that SYNC is now compatible with Chromebooks via the SORA app. I've already downloaded the app to my Chromebook and will play with it when I get a chance.
Old 02-23-2020, 02:31 PM   #6686
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
One can never have too many apps
Old 02-23-2020, 03:45 PM   #6687
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
I’m done with more audio apps. I’ll miss out on SYNC this summer, but I never wanted more than two or maybe three of the books anyway. Not that I was complaining; three free books I want to listen to are exactly that. But this is a hoop too many.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:19 PM   #6688
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I’m done with more audio apps. I’ll miss out on SYNC this summer, but I never wanted more than two or maybe three of the books anyway. Not that I was complaining; three free books I want to listen to are exactly that. But this is a hoop too many.
If I need the app just to download and can then transfer files to my mp3 player, I'll do it for a couple of this year's books. But I don't want to be forced to use my tablet or phone to listen to audiobooks (it was hugely annoying to use the Audible app for the three-book challenge).

P.S. If I'm reading the info about Sora correctly, you need a school account to set it up. So I think those of us who aren't students are SOL.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-23-2020 at 09:23 PM. Reason: this should be your original post
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:13 PM   #6689
abqkjh
Zealot
abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto e5
Audible Great Beginnings Sale

All books are $5.95

Link

Description: Dive into a new series...or continue one you've started! Over 550 listens across 200 series are on sale–including first, second, and sometimes third listens in the series. You may even find a full trilogy. Happy Listening!

Terms: Discount available to members only, is not transferable, and cannot be combined with any other offer. Audible reserves the right to cancel the offer at any time. Sale ends February 28th, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT (US).

Last edited by abqkjh; 02-23-2020 at 08:17 PM.
abqkjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:26 PM   #6690
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
P.S. If I'm reading the info about Sora correctly, you need a school account to set it up. So I think those of us who aren't students are SOL.
SYNC says they'll give us instructions on how to set up an account sometime in March.

Quote:
In 2020 the SYNC program will only work with Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive. You do not need to be affiliated with a school to use the SORA app for SYNC. Instructions on how to set up your SYNC account in SORA coming in March 2020.