Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-21-2020, 10:03 AM   #31
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I contacted Forkosigan on a German e-reader forum. He works for Pocketbook and provides free online support. I think he's registered here, too.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:45 PM   #32
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
The main change in FW 6.0 is [....]
Interesting, thanks!
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:34 AM   #33
lordfrikk
lordfrikk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
I think PocketBook can provide a decent experience if you are ready to install custom apps.
I have installed koreader but it seems like PocketBook is not very popular among the developers/users so it's not supported as well as even on my old Kindle Touch (it works great there except for being slow). Case in point: InkPad X hadn't even been supported and I had to submit a patch for it to be added. That said, installing apps like koreader is completely streamlined compared to Kindle which is a huge plus in my eyes because koreader is hugely superior to the default reading app on both Kindle and PocketBook, I love it. The interface could be better but it's hardly an issue. This simple fact might be the single biggest reason why I would consider PocketBook again in the future; koreader is just that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
Is the contrast good on the Mobius screen?
The contrast of the screen seemed great to me but I could only compare it to Kindle Touch and Kindle Paperwhite 2. I think the screen looked gorgeous but there could be other devices with better screens.

Last edited by lordfrikk; 02-28-2020 at 05:37 AM.
lordfrikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:07 AM   #34
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfrikk View Post
I have installed koreader but it seems like PocketBook is not very popular among the developers/users so it's not supported as well as even on my old Kindle Touch
You're right, and that's a bummer for us PB users, but it still works quite well even if it could be integrated better. The default apps aren't as good on PB ereader than on a Kindle, making it even more enjoyable.
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote