Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM   #1816
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzielou View Post
My readers are Sony which I love and I am now not sure what to do with the new restrictions on Amazon books from Jan 3rd. It has been mentioned that you can get them into Calibre with a specific type of Kindle.

I don't know anything about the Kindles as I have always avoided them like the plague but it looks like I am going to have to buy one so that I can import my books to Calibre.

My question is what Kindle should I buy to do this?

Also, would I be able to copy my own books from Calibre to the Kindle if I should want to read them there (mainly epubs but can be converted in Calibre if needed) or would Amazon know these were not bought or downloaded from them and delete them.

Any help would be appreciated as I really don't want to read my books on a Kindle.
Any eink Kindle can be used to get your Amazon purchases into Calibre (at the moment). Not a Fire tablet, though. And not books borrowed via KU. For those you need an old Kindle.

And yes, you can sideload your existing books to your Kindle if you convert them to AZW3. Amazon won't delete them. Moreover, you can keep your Kindle in the permanent airplane mode after registering it via wifi.

Last edited by Sirtel; Yesterday at 09:56 AM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM   #1817
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
That has been a great help. Thank you very much
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k4pc, kindle for pc