Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #16
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
So it deletes the free books ... can I delete them selectively? Can I restore them selectively later? Thanks!
Hi

There is currently no selective restore (or any other). It does allow selective or multiple deletes.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #17
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
timlegge,
were you able to figure out the database structure fairly completely?
I ask because I'm wondering how hard it would be to implement a new feature.
What I'm looking for is a function that would remove all residual entries from the dbase. Last time I looked at it, the dbase contained ALOT of residual entries for epubs I'd already removed, as well as residual image files for those epubs in the standard directory.
I ask here since the driver is already capable or detecting which books are actually on the Kobo, it must posses the functionality to ignore these residual entries that point at a book that's not there.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #18
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
timlegge,
were you able to figure out the database structure fairly completely?
I ask because I'm wondering how hard it would be to implement a new feature.
What I'm looking for is a function that would remove all residual entries from the dbase. Last time I looked at it, the dbase contained ALOT of residual entries for epubs I'd already removed, as well as residual image files for those epubs in the standard directory.
I ask here since the driver is already capable or detecting which books are actually on the Kobo, it must posses the functionality to ignore these residual entries that point at a book that's not there.
Actually, that is a good point. I don't think the driver makes any allowance for that. It would list the books if they exist and probably allow you to delete these ghost entires.

I did notice that some people only deleted from content and left dangling records in volume_shortcovers. I know I did and I plan to address that cleanup at some point.

The database is fairly well documented at the wiki that darkadept has at http://wiki.durbn.net/koboko/index.php/DBSchemaV2. I figured out most of it myself and went there to post updates but realized it was pretty much all there and some of the SQL for the deletes were better than mine.

Tim
Old 06-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #19
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
There is currently no selective restore (or any other). It does allow selective or multiple deletes.
BTW, thanks very much for taking the time to sort out this puzzle. I really admire folks like you who pursue something like this for the rest of us.

I plan to sample your tool once it "goes golden".

Of course, if Kobo had simply inserted these books like "real" titles that could be managed on the Kobo and with their online tool ... wouldn't that have been a better customer experience?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #20
timlegge
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
BTW, thanks very much for taking the time to sort out this puzzle. I really admire folks like you who pursue something like this for the rest of us.

I plan to sample your tool once it "goes golden".

Of course, if Kobo had simply inserted these books like "real" titles that could be managed on the Kobo and with their online tool ... wouldn't that have been a better customer experience?
Yes, but a lot less fun for me.
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #21
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
Is this driver out of Beta yet?

Thanks!
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #22
timlegge
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by techie42 View Post
Is this driver out of Beta yet?

Thanks!
Kind of. I have not heard of any bugs in the plugin version attached to the Calibre thread (see first post). I am making a few cleanup changes so it can be merged into the next Calibre version but the version there seems to work fine.

If there is any desire on your part to have the books back in the future it would be a good idea to backup the database and images folder before you do the delete.

Tim
Old 06-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #23
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
to all of you who are working on this!
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #24
timlegge
Addict

Hi

I updated the version of the plugin. It is at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85226 (first message) and some details are in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...807#post971807.

Tim
Old 06-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #25
aarion81
aarion81 began at the beginning.

Thx so much, I am so happy to to get rid of that crap.
aarion81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #26
techie42
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarion81 View Post
Thx so much, I am so happy to to get rid of that crap.
Hey, some of those are really great books. I just wish they has been added on as regular ePubs that we could copy and/or remove.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:58 AM   #27
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

In the new upgrade (this may have been said.... too tired to read) you will have an option of having the 100 free books hidden. You have a choice of 'showing' only purchased books.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #28
techie42
Zealot

Does the Firmware upgrade effect the way Calibre works with Kobo?

Does the firmware upgrade have a problem if the 100 free books have been removed?

If so should I restore my original Kobo files and folders before I run the update?
Old 07-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #29
timlegge
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by techie42 View Post
Does the Firmware upgrade effect the way Calibre works with Kobo?

Does the firmware upgrade have a problem if the 100 free books have been removed?

If so should I restore my original Kobo files and folders before I run the update?
Hi

I don't have access to an updated kobo yet. My wife is reading her first eBook on my kobo and I am try my best not to cause issues for her. Hopefully I will have access to an upgraded device soon but it could be next week before I get time to update the driver.

Tim
Old 07-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #30
techie42
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Hi

I don't have access to an updated kobo yet. My wife is reading her first eBook on my kobo and I am try my best not to cause issues for her. Hopefully I will have access to an upgraded device soon but it could be next week before I get time to update the driver.

Tim
Thanks Tim. No rush. I just wanted to know what other Kobo users were experiencing.

Tags
calibre, delete free books, kobo