Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
<br /> Tags

I've just downloaded 0.1.3 and so far it's working great and solves the freezing issue I had with 0.1.2 (which I had to revert to 0.1.1 until that issue was resolved).

One issue though that I though was resolved with 0.1.2, so should not be in 0.1.3 is that when I set heading tags in the WYSIWYG interface, I get a <br /> being added inside the tag. I may be mistaken about this being fixed as I couldn't seem to find it in the forum, change log or issues list (I was a bit rushed when looking for this so may have misted it).

Also I've notice that when I create a blank line (for scene changes), instead of getting the &nbsp; code added, I get a <br /> in there instead. Is it better to have a <br /> tag instead of a &nbsp; code in the paragraph tags?
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I've just downloaded 0.1.3 and so far it's working great and solves the freezing issue I had with 0.1.2 (which I had to revert to 0.1.1 until that issue was resolved).
I love accidentally fixing bugs I'm not even aware of.

Quote:
One issue though that I though was resolved with 0.1.2, so should not be in 0.1.3 is that when I set heading tags in the WYSIWYG interface, I get a <br /> being added inside the tag. I may be mistaken about this being fixed as I couldn't seem to find it in the forum, change log or issues list (I was a bit rushed when looking for this so may have misted it).
This wasn't fixed. Webkit adds it, and I can't fix it, I can only make a workaround. But honestly I think this can be left alone. It doesn't affect the formatting, and I'm guessing the Webkit devs have some sort of a good reason for adding it at the end of the element. Then again, it could very likely be a bug on their end.

So far I haven't had reports of people being adversely affected by this.

Quote:
Also I've notice that when I create a blank line (for scene changes), instead of getting the &nbsp; code added, I get a <br /> in there instead. Is it better to have a <br /> tag instead of a &nbsp; code in the paragraph tags?
I honestly don't know what you are talking about here. Please provide some more information.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
What I mean is that I was seeing this for a blank line:
<p>&nbsp;</p>

And now this is being generated:
<p><br /></p>
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What I mean is that I was seeing this for a blank line:
<p>&nbsp;</p>

And now this is being generated:
<p><br /></p>
Hm... I believe I updated Qt from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2 (for Windows) between Sigil 0.1.1 and 0.1.3. That was possibly what changed this.

But it works either way. Actually I like the <br/> tag more.

Last edited by Valloric; 09-03-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: wrong versions listed
Old 09-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
I always thought '&nbsp;' was used for horizontal spacing and positioning - although I think it more correct to use '& #160;'

I believe various browsers render it differently so it can be unreliable.

The <br /> tag is correctly used for vertical spacing (line breaks) although I believe it is technically incorrect for strict xhtml but okay for transitional.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 07:08 AM   #6
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
The <br /> tag is correctly used for vertical spacing (line breaks) although I believe it is technically incorrect for strict xhtml but okay for transitional.
AFAIK <br /> is perfectly valid strict XHTML.