Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #31
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
1966 "The Ballad of the Green Berets" by S/Sgt. Barry Sadler

!Oh God!
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #32
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
1966 "The Ballad of the Green Berets" by S/Sgt. Barry Sadler

!Oh God!

Eerie. Seriously, you were born for the Rock. No no, make that BORN TO ROCK!!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #33
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I also remember the song I heard the day I was conceived, again I do not remember the lyrics, but there was a lot of moaning going on.
Hmm. I wonder what the #1 hit was nine months before my birth? Let's see, that'd be late October, 1956. Ah, here it is. Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog". Uh.... No comment.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 09-04-2008 at 09:49 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #34
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Eerie. Seriously, you were born for the Rock. No no, make that BORN TO ROCK!!
ROFL!!!!
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #35
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Boy, I sure feel special now--"A Hard Day's Night" by the Beatles!

(and vivaldirules, my parents told me the deep, dark secret of my conception. It wasn't the music. It was that everyone went home when JFK was shot)
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 02:57 PM   #36
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I got Love Letters in the Sand, by Pat Boone.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #37
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I got Love Letters in the Sand, by Pat Boone.

I think you mean Sand Castles in the Sand by Robin Sparkles.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #38
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Boy, I sure feel special now--"A Hard Day's Night" by the Beatles!

(and vivaldirules, my parents told me the deep, dark secret of my conception. It wasn't the music. It was that everyone went home when JFK was shot)
What? Your parents shot JFK? That's huge!!!
(I don't spread rumors I start them.)

Mine was "Heh! Baby" by Bruce Channel. Apparently he was talking to a female baby though.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #39
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
HA! Funnily enough - "Tonights the Night (Gonna be alright)" by Rod Stewart....appropriate title for the birth of a first child
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #40
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Hmm. I wonder what the #1 hit was nine months before my birth? Let's see, that'd be late October, 1956. Ah, here it is. Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog". Uh.... No comment.
Hey -- check out the very last movement on that tape. And here I thought Michael Jackson had invented that! Must be because youtube wasn't around back then, to show me Elvis doing it, far earlier.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:43 AM   #41
mlove
Cat-loving cyclist
mlove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, IPhone
"Because of You," Tony Bennett. Two years younger and it could have been Stan Freberg--oh well, can't have everything.
mlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #42
GreyCat
Enthusiast
GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 & Opus, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
"Reunited" by Peaches & Herb

Found a clip as well: http://www.kewego.no/video/iLyROoaftTgx.html

Peaches does not know how to lip sync.

But I'm still not sure what the implications of this are, except now my love for sappy music and books could be explained.
GreyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:05 AM   #43
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Well Mine was 1983 ... "Every Breath You Take" by The Police

Funny enough, its one of my songs in my all time easy listening collection, though not one of my all time favourites.

Still its a nice song, and my mum will probably tell me that it was appropriate as I was a month late and was apparently in no hurry to leave my comfortable accommodation
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #44
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Well Mine was 1983 ... "Every Breath You Take" by The Police

Funny enough, its one of my songs in my all time easy listening collection, though not one of my all time favourites.

Still its a nice song, and my mum will probably tell me that it was appropriate as I was a month late and was apparently in no hurry to leave my comfortable accommodation
a MONTH late !!!! your poor mother !!

now tell me, did that create a precedent for the rest of your life, and are you habitually tardy everywhere you go ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:21 PM   #45
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
a MONTH late !!!! your poor mother !!

now tell me, did that create a precedent for the rest of your life, and are you habitually tardy everywhere you go ?
How did you guess ????

Actually I tend to be a bit of worry wart, and usually arrive earlier then required, especially when i have an appointment or have to catch a flight.

I can never stand to arrive at the last minute and rush. I'm quiet forgetful at times, so I like to make sure i have enough time, otherwise I worried I'll forget something. This does tend to drive some of my Friends and Family Nuts at times .
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, unutterable silliness