Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #16
lucianoassirelli
lucianoassirelli began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
[Any instructions for how can we, the regular mortals, install XP on the iliad? An "instalation package" will be nice...]

First,
the hardware upgrade...
Add 2 GB of flash and ... say ... 256MB RAM and,
about the machine clock, well... turn it on before breakfast
to read something after dinner

Last edited by lucianoassirelli; 04-01-2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: forgot citation!
lucianoassirelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #17
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Kudos!! An extremely well done post!! ;-)
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #18
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
you so got me *slow clap*
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #19
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I guess this is another reason for me to purchase a copy of XP. All my current installations are OEM'ed pre-installed systems.
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #20
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Keep my e-reader wincrap free please even on april fools days.

But yes the adrenalin schock was great enough (in a negative way, I though oh sh** )... kudos for successful April Fool's prank on me
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #21
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianoassirelli View Post
[Any instructions for how can we, the regular mortals, install XP on the iliad? An "instalation package" will be nice...]

First,
the hardware upgrade...
Add 2 GB of flash and ... say ... 256MB RAM and,
about the machine clock, well... turn it on before breakfast
to read something after dinner
And remember, it will only work one day a year: April 1st!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #22
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Wink

Well, we secretly knew the iLiad could run buggy bloatware... but XP... well that just takes the statement to an entirely new dimension.

The real question is does it run Microsoft Bob?

Nice joke Adam. Right up there with that "bug brings color.."

Last edited by BKeeper; 04-01-2008 at 05:44 PM.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #23
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
The real question is does it run Microsoft Bob?
I can top this with: Vista!

BTW: How much blue are blue screens on the iliad?
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #24
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
"Bluescreens" he says!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #25
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Damn you! And just when I thought I'd seen through all the day's fools. It snuck under my guard since I didn't see it until after midnight.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #26
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Fooled me good. Well done Adam. Very well done.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:04 AM   #27
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Somebody give this man a beer!

Well done mate, well done!
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:21 AM   #28
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Yay! I made Engadget!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/01/a...-internet-cry/
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #29
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
you bastard...you killed Kenny!!

man I just saw this and you did fool me. I even thought "...but how did he recomplie for ARM over x86 and w/o an emulator..." I just assumed and perhaps wanted to believe... I never even considered VNC.

Best AFJ I ran across all week...thanks!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #30
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
I even thought "...but how did he recomplie for ARM over x86 and w/o an emulator..."
That was my concern when I had the idea to do this.

"How many people will know there isn't an Arm version of Windows XP? Should I try to do something with Windows CE? Nah...I'll just let it go and hope nobody notices."
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote