Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
cindiaugustine
Enthusiast
cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox and original Kobo
Free PDF Magazines for your Vox-Viewing!

Here's some sites I found which offer some free magazines.

1. http://www.blur-magazine.com/ - Gorgeous Photography Magazine

2. [Deleted by OP, as it appears to be illegal]

3. http://www.photographybb.com/magazine/ - Another photography magazine I've been reading for a while. Lots of issues available.

4. http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/42-free...for-designers/ - a blog post showcasing 42 art, design, fashion magazines.

If you find any other sources of endless magazine reading, please share here!

Last edited by cindiaugustine; 11-22-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: (Found out the second link was suspect)
cindiaugustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:06 AM   #2
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Illegal downloads of paid magazines?
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
cindiaugustine
Enthusiast
cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

No, as far as I can see these are legit downloads. If I'm missing something, please let me know. As a writer I respect copyrights.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox
Number 2 is. If it's too good to be true, check If they "endorse their links" (technically it's grey - but neither you nor your publisher get paid by them). Well, anyway, now I know that I still prefer reading magazines in real paper. :-)
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #5
cindiaugustine
Enthusiast

Thanks for checking that out. I've removed the 2nd link. I'll keep a stricter eye out for endorsements from now on. :-)
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Personally, I am a little more tolerant of "free" pdfs of magazines since magazines are ad supported (eg: The New Yorker) and I find it hard to believe that many people would do much more than sample a couple before moving on to something else. If you are a genuine fan of a specific magazine, I'd think almost everyone would want to seek out a Zinio edition or some formal alternative.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

SensualPoet: Sometimes I try to remember how it was when it wasn't so easy to steal. I think I just didn't have it. Although I agree on what you're trying to say (try before you buy), what I find morally acceptable and what should be legally acceptable are two different things (the should is applicable in Canada). There are many quirks with the new distribution and licensing system, and we as consumers have always the right to boycott it where we want - by keeping our money in our pocket, as it has been for 3000 years.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:02 AM   #8
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Well, deep down I think all information should be free and available, and I think we're heading towards that, but I don't think we're ready for that yet. We need to transition out of the current way we deal with intellectual property so we don't kill the industry and harm people's livelyhoods.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
hieronymos
Groupie

+1

And as I at least was more talking about art (or good journalism, which is a kind of art) than intellectual property in general, there is a very long way to go. Look at Harper and that recent current in the right that says that culture isn't good for anything and who can only imagine their lives sitting in cinemas watching the same-old-NYC-romance (it's probably the part where the soon-to-be couple gets drunk in bar and then they nearly kiss and the next morning they feel bad), shoveling popcorn up their faces, and living their lives in prepared little packages, assembled by somebody else.
We have a long way to go until, as a global society, we can accept that for 2800 of these 3000 years, culture, art and science were funded by the society, and that without philosophy there wouldn't be no physics, as such no steam, no fuel, no silicone.

Long story short: the other day I listened to Beyonce's album and said to myself 'Well, it's not really worth 10$... but if there was a Paypal button on her website I'd drop her a 2 bucks.'