Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
Unhappy Reader died in its sleep and won't reboot

The day before yesterday, i was reading a book in .pdf, everything was great, and in the end i just put reader to sleep by sliding power button as usual.
Yesterday, i connected it to a PC for charging. The orange LED lit up as usual, but no information on screen about reader being connected to PC appeared, the screen remained blank.
I left it connected for a night, but in the morning, it still didn't show anything on the screen. I tried sliding the power button, the orange LED blinked, but the screen still remains blank. I tried reconnecting it to a PC, but nothing changed. I tried rebooting it while connected to a PC, the orange LED blinks but nothing else changes. I tried rebooting it when not connected to a PC, and nothing happens, LED remains inactive. I tried reconnecting the battery, but nothing changed.
Everything was fine until this day. I never experienced any problems with reader except for rare hangs, easily fixed by a reboot. I just can't see any reason why it decided to die. Maybe there is someway to fix it?
BTW, firmware is stock 2.0RC3, and the only plugin installed is CBZ reader, no other changes to OS were done.
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Looks like deep discharge, I had it several times (of course panicked). Try charging it with the wall adapter, leave it for an hour or two then do a reset. The point is it gives much more power than a USB from PC.
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Thank you, i'll try it
If this is really the cause, then it seems there is also some battery calibration problem, because the day before accident it had shown about 50% charge...
Old 09-06-2011, 07:11 AM   #4
penartur
Groupie

Oh thank you, it actually did helped, my reader now is back alive!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by penartur View Post
Thank you, i'll try it
If this is really the cause, then it seems there is also some battery calibration problem, because the day before accident it had shown about 50% charge...
There have been a few situations where the reader doesn't go into sleep mode correctly. Could be that you ran into one of those, which potentially drained the battery overnight.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #6
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Yep, it also happened to me and I panicked
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote