Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
alefor
Edge User

Future of dual screen devices?

Here is an interesting, albeit disappointing article. This is what people are reading......

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/product...a-review_n.htm

Looks like all dual screen devices need some PR.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
netrobot
Edge User

I wouldn't be too concerned. USA Today only has about five readers, and four of them work there.

Advert
Old 05-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
goo
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrobot View Post
I wouldn't be too concerned. USA Today only has about five readers, and four of them work there.
I lol'd.

I can see the value of a dual-screen device when one of the screens is an e-reader and the other is a tablet, hence the reason I bought an Edge. The problem is getting the general public to recognize the benefits. I'd much rather carry around one device than a few books AND a netbook, or an e-reader AND a laptop, or any other combination. Now if it's a tablet where both screens are tablet screens, as opposed to one screen being an e-reader, I wouldn't buy that. I just don't understand the purpose / reason behind it.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
alefor
Edge User

It is interesting though to see what is being said out there. I agree that this Iconia two-screen device is overkill. I have a Toshiba Libretto which is cute but thats as far as it goes. The two screens are two small, and using Win7 in a touch system (without a pen) is really awful. The EE is really an ideal size for me, using it as a study device (I read on one side while I take notes on the other).

Old 05-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
goodspeech
Edge User

The device reviewed in the article really doesn't compare to the edge. Its like saying that 4 wheels makes a car so a Ferrari and Yugo are the same (for those of us around in the early 90s). There really isn't anything like the edge.

Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
Franky
Edge User

I think it comes down to the use of your device. The eDGe is a fantastic example of a tablet for schools, government agencies etc etc. I find most of the publicity to much in the direction of a gadget, instead of pointing out the use of it.