Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #61
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I have never returned anything at Amazon.com before. Do they charge you for returning? Any extra charge? I am considering the lighted cover, but am afraid I won't like it, the light may not be moveable, have glare, etc. etc.

Has anyone return because they don't like it? Any hassle?

My Pathway light ng to get on my nerves. It falls off of my book cover (Mead cover). If I put it on the Kindle it glares at the top of the screen. Really bugs me now.
I'm pretty sure you can return within 30 days, but Amazon customer service is so easy to work with, why not give them a call and ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
Thanks! I was wondering because it seems it clips on and doesnt the Oberon strap the Kindle in? I was thinking it might somehow put some stress on the straps and loosen them after awhile but Im glad to see its okay.

Ive heard that you have to pay for shipping but I havent made any returns either. Id like to know as well because I have something Im debating returning.
I've clipped both on the leather cover and the device itself, the straps don't interfere at all
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #62
soundfanz
soundfanz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I just purchased a Kindle 3, and after researching here on this site about a suitable light, decided on the lighted cover. Sure, its not as cheap as some out there but I like the idea of never having to worry about buying batteries for it.
A mate of mine has the lighted cover on his Kindle and I had a chance to try it out and loved it. That sold me.

Chris
soundfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #63
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundfanz View Post
I just purchased a Kindle 3, and after researching here on this site about a suitable light, decided on the lighted cover. Sure, its not as cheap as some out there but I like the idea of never having to worry about buying batteries for it.
A mate of mine has the lighted cover on his Kindle and I had a chance to try it out and loved it. That sold me.

Chris
welcome to the forums!
Old 01-15-2011, 02:45 AM   #64
hedwig
Book Worm
hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundfanz View Post
Sure, its not as cheap as some out there but I like the idea of never having to worry about buying batteries for it.
That's interesting because this is exactly why I didn't get the lighted Kindle cover. I heard from the reviews that as it draws power from the Kindle the battery doesn't last as long - this was the deciding factor for me and so I got a separate light that takes one AAA battery.
hedwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:47 AM   #65
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

for me personally, I use a light so very rarely that I would not even consider it.
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #66
cmargm
Enthusiast
cmargm began at the beginning.

I did buy the cover with the light and have found that it works very well. Maybe too well. It is very bright. I needed to shield it so it wouldn't shine on my husband's face as I was reading in bed.
cmargm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #67
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

welcome to the forums! I hope you can figure out something that works for you, a pillow maybe?
Old 01-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #68
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
Switch sides in bed.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #69
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmargm View Post
I did buy the cover with the light and have found that it works very well. Maybe too well. It is very bright. I needed to shield it so it wouldn't shine on my husband's face as I was reading in bed.
I have the same issue as you. He grumbles when I use the lighted cover in bed. The last time I was reading in bed it suddenly dawn on me I could rotate the screen to landscape, which moves the book light over to the other side so he can sleep in peace.

It takes some adjusting to the margins, font size and line spacing to get use to reading that way but it's better then him waking up accusing of you of giving him a headache from it.

This works really well the light doesn't shine at all on him and I can read all night if I want.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:25 AM   #70
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Put the pillow over his face!

Great stickies by the way KK!
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #71
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by captkjaneway View Post
Put the pillow over his face!

Great stickies by the way KK!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #72
cmargm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have the same issue as you. He grumbles when I use the lighted cover in bed. The last time I was reading in bed it suddenly dawn on me I could rotate the screen to landscape, which moves the book light over to the other side so he can sleep in peace.

It takes some adjusting to the margins, font size and line spacing to get use to reading that way but it's better then him waking up accusing of you of giving him a headache from it.

This works really well the light doesn't shine at all on him and I can read all night if I want.
What a great idea. I will give it a try.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:18 AM   #73
cmargm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
Switch sides in bed.
Don't think that would work. I am too comfortable on my side.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #74
GuillaumeJay
Enthusiast
GuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmargm View Post
What a great idea. I will give it a try.
Me too. The wife is complaining, even more because I told her "since the light is directed to the screen, it's far less bright than the pocketpc, so you'll be happier I I have a kindle"...
GuillaumeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:33 AM   #75
stevo9er
stevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
I just picked up the mighty bright light... Even with just one LED it is too bright. It works well enough though.
stevo9er is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle light cover