Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Lamen
Lamen began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Search-and-Replace with a found number

Hi,
I tried to replace a situation in my text which need to get converted to MOBI:
(any number at the end of the line following a <br>) need to get replaced with (the found number WITHOUT the <br> at the end of the line).

I used the following search term:
((?P<zahl>[0-9])+ <br>)
and the following replacement text:
\g<zahl>

Unfortunately it doesn't work as expected. As a result, always the last number of the whole string of numberstring (ie 1995 only the 5) will be found in the converted text at the end.

I´m unsure where I made the mistake. Are somebody able to enlighten me here?

Thanks a lot!
Lamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
Lamen

Hi,
do I talk about a feature which is not present at all or are nobody out there who are able to help??

If this is a non-present feature please inform me as well as help me if the goal is reachable somehow.

Thanks a lot!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
What format is your source file? Are the <br>'s in the source? Perhaps you could attach an example which shows the problem. I don't know mobi format but maybe the problem can be fixed at source so that it doesn't present itself to the conversion process.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
does
Code:
((?P<zahl>[0-9]{4})+ <br>)
work for you?
I assume you want all (exactly) 4 digits
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:27 AM   #5
Lamen

Angry

Hi

@Agama
The Input format is PDF the export format is MOBI.
The Place where I found the <br> is the 'middle', the interim format Calibre uses during convertion. I'm able to reach it in the convertion options 'search & replace' wizzard. Sorry that I let this unclear in my first post.

@theducks
Thanks for the hint but there are all varieties of digit counts. It may be only one digit or more (0...50000...xxxxxxxxxxx). So any number should be possible.

Thanks a lot!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I think this should work:
Code:
((?P<zahl>[0-9]+) <br>)
Note the difference in the position of the + sign.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Lamen

Thanks a lot!
I am currently on vacation without my Computer but I'll try it as soon as possible and will come back with the result.

Cheers