Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #151
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMaker View Post
In fact, I like mine so much, I just gave a K3 to a friend. AND I'm making a website about it at http://www.sticksite.com/kindle/ . Comments re improvements appreciated.
I like your website. Keep it up!
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #152
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Since the request doesn't have to be realistic:

I'd like solar cells on the back so it would recharge itself when I'm reading outdoors.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #153
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Since the request doesn't have to be realistic:

I'd like solar cells on the back so it would recharge itself when I'm reading outdoors.
Unless it ran on water power - that would be useless in Seattle!
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:44 AM   #154
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Actually, it's a small thing, but it would be nice to be able to add (Web) bookmarks without having to browse to them first.
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:48 AM   #155
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
With the newest update, I'd like to be able to keep the percentage, location and page numbers turned on, I also like Kumabjorn's solar power idea.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #156
civiliza
civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: K3, PW2
1) A joystick / nub / glide plate

2) With the K3, a browser that allows you to access onboard HTML/javascript files.

As I mentioned in another thread, sending / converting a HTML file strips out javascript, accessing via the Home button refuses to activate the browser, while the K3's experimntal browser only allows http:// (ie non-onboard) addresses.

It's a real pain having to find a remote host for a mini-app that I can sideload onto the Kindle via USB but that the Kindle 3 then totally refuses to process properly.
civiliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #157
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Unless it ran on water power - that would be useless in Seattle!
Hey, I'm in Sweden, we aren't known for much, but we're definitely not known for our abundance of sunshine. But a gal can wish, right?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #158
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Here's mine- probably already all said:
Realistic
0) Much better build quality, non-mushy page turn buttons
1) Make it so that the five way left/right does not jump chapters (accidentally hit that all the time when trying to move the cursor onto the screen)
2) Give me back the old progress bar, with locations
3) Epub support
4) Cache web page so I can view it without turning internet on
5) keep black and white so I don't get a washed-out screen next time
6) Better refresh, so Dickens' face doesn't stick around when I wake from sleep mode
7) Make screen more matte (yes I get a reflection in bright sunlight)
8) Get rid of black pixel "dusting" on e-ink screen
9) Keep everything else the same. Especially:
10) Please no touch screens, buttons, or touch anything else (hate that, Amazon!=Apple [thank god])

EDIT: Forgot custom screensavers, please. Emily Dickinson gives me the creeps.

Not realistic:
1) Keep the graphite color but automagically repel dust/dirt
2) Remove all comparisons to the Apple Pad from this and other sites
3) Quad core processor for use in playing Doom
4) 3D e-ink
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #159
StickMaker
Connoisseur
StickMaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Add EPUB.
I second THAT motion.
StickMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #160
StickMaker
Connoisseur
StickMaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Hey, I'm in Sweden, we aren't known for much, but we're definitely not known for our abundance of sunshine. But a gal can wish, right?
Hate to break it to you, Kumabjorn; but the Swedes are FAMOUS for gorgeous blondes (*female* I mean)
StickMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #161
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMaker View Post
Hate to break it to you, Kumabjorn; but the Swedes are FAMOUS for gorgeous blondes (*female* I mean)
"Hey, I'm in Sweden, we aren't known for much, but we're definitely not known for our abundance of sunshine. But a gal can wish, right?"

When I initially saw the response this morning I was going to reply something along the lines of:

"One can wish for a gal, Swedish, right?"
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #162
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I want the K3 screen in a graphite K2 body. I abhor the D-pad on the K3 and find it very hard to use. (I have big hands and arthritis and the joystick on the K2 worked well for me.)

I would love to see the file management from the K1 added back in to the OS. When you need to delete a number of files it's far easier on the K1.

I'd also prefer to see locations versus percentage in the 3.1 update.

Really would like a snappier processor. Actual reading is fine but moving around on the home screens is slow. Also, transitioning from a periodical back to the home screen is slow.

Collections that are actual folders and allow for nested folders.

Optional home page that shows the books covers.

An option to show the cover fullscreen.

In the Kindle app I would like to see more font choices, an option to use the volume toggle to turn pages, ability to download periodicals, dictionary support. I use the Kindle app for Android more than my K3. Better file management, Collections would be start.

I don't care for the social networking stuff, glad I can turn it off.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #163
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Make the KDXG be able to run the same firmware as the K3.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote