Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2016, 09:29 AM   #31
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Those Oberon covers are indeed gorgeous. But what Katsunami has with those loops, I have with elastic bands. I'd never ever trust those elastic bands to hold my device. Besides, those things call "cheap!" in my world...
I can say that neither my Kindle DXG nor my KA1 ever went anywhere when in an Oberon cover; the upper loops are good quality elastic and pretty tight.

And the Oberons are lots of things, but 'cheap' ain't one of 'em For what I ended up paying for this one (price + S&H + VAT + customs duties) I could have bought a new Kobo Touch & cover with some Euros to spare And the DXG one was more expensive still, way back when...

Worth it, though.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:32 AM   #32
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Oberon covers use leather bands for 3 corners and and an elastic cord for one corner. You have to have some flexibility. It doesn't look like the typical elastic band. They hold the device very tight.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #33
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
I can say that neither my Kindle DXG nor my KA1 ever went anywhere when in an Oberon cover; the upper loops are good quality elastic and pretty tight.

And the Oberons are lots of things, but 'cheap' ain't one of 'em For what I ended up paying for this one (price + S&H + VAT + customs duties) I could have bought a new Kobo Touch & cover with some Euros to spare And the DXG one was more expensive still, way back when...

Worth it, though.
I know they aren't cheap, and I really do love the looks on them. On the outside. However, I'll be mostly looking at the inside, and I find those elastic bands cheap looking. Personal taste
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:55 AM   #34
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Oberon covers use leather bands for 3 corners and and an elastic cord for one corner. You have to have some flexibility. It doesn't look like the typical elastic band. They hold the device very tight.
I'm not really sure about the Kindle DXG ones (I don't have mine anymore and they no longer sell them), but at least the Kindle Fire ones have two leather bands for the lower corners and elastic cord for the upper two. But you're right, the device is held tight. No worries there.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:56 AM   #35
mbovenka
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I know they aren't cheap, and I really do love the looks on them. On the outside. However, I'll be mostly looking at the inside, and I find those elastic bands cheap looking. Personal taste
Yep. No accounting for that
Advert
Old 10-11-2016, 04:31 AM   #36
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
For those with money to spend (not me, I seem to be always broke), Noreve is offering KA1 covers now.

http://www.noreve.com/de/aura-one/34...-aura-one.html
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:39 AM   #37
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
For those with money to spend (not me, I seem to be always broke), Noreve is offering KA1 covers now.

You are eeeeeeevil Slim fit and auto wake function

My God! They have a cover by 142€

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 10-11-2016 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Surprise...
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:44 AM   #38
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
I went for a Oberon ipad mini cover (Avenue of trees in green) which fits nicely and the camera hole allows me access to the on/off button. I got it as a second and the discount was swallowed up by the import tax! Still lovely tho'
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:45 AM   #39
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
You are eeeeeeevil
Jepp, that's me

There is another style, too

Old 10-11-2016, 04:45 AM   #40
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've purchased this.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:49 AM   #41
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
The notice that the Gecko cover can be pre-ordered has been removed, so it probably is in stock now. Maybe I'll try it. As I'm in the Netherlands, getting it and returning it if so desired is easy.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:53 AM   #42
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
The notice that the Gecko cover can be pre-ordered has been removed, so it probably is in stock now. Maybe I'll try it. As I'm in the Netherlands, getting it and returning it if so desired is easy.
Only black
Old 10-11-2016, 04:54 AM   #43
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I've purchased this.
I saw them too. Have to admit, the iPad style of the cover didn't make much sense to me. You can't turn it to landscape anyway so what's the use of a folding cover? Or is it because they are lighter?

I bought this one, it will take at least another two weeks until it shows up on my doorstep. Will report if it is nice then.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:07 AM   #44
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
It is quite expensive IMO. Are they worth it?

My el-cheapo PU leather cover for the Aura that I used when I couldn't stand the black Mulbess cover held up perfectly and it was only about 6€, so I don't see the need to spend 27€ on a PU leather cover unless it is of outstanding quality or can be used to prop the reader up (I don't remember how this is called right now, sorry).
Old 10-11-2016, 05:10 AM   #45
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
I saw them too. Have to admit, the iPad style of the cover didn't make much sense to me. You can't turn it to landscape anyway so what's the use of a folding cover? Or is it because they are lighter?
Lighter, they weight almost nothing.