Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 09-17-2016, 06:03 AM   #1
c123
c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Tolino: Zooming in on images

Is this possible? On my Kobo I could double touch an image (picture, image of a text, image of a table) and the image viewer would open, allowing me to pan and zoom.

Here is a book I am currently reading, and as you can see the image is too small to read:

[IMG][/IMG]
c123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:53 AM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Nothing as far as I have come across. My solution, which sometimes helps, is to rotate to landscape view for that page.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2016, 01:26 PM   #3
c123
c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had the same reply on lesen.net too. Well it's definately a software issue, as the Kobo Aura did this fine. I might get round to dropping a line to Tolino/Deutsche Telekom, but right now, in addition to seeing if landscape helps, I can only think of two other things to try:
  1. Root the devide an install KoReader or Coolreader and see if that is better.
  2. Try the solution from the following thread, which consists of editing the source and ensuring each image tag has a selector resulting in the image being displayed full screen:
http://www.lesen.net/forum/e-book-fo...ss-darstellen/

Not sure I'll get around to doing either; I'm travelling at the end of the month and will check international duty free for the Kobo Aura One (possibly H2O again if there is no sign of the One) and famous last words - a Kindle Vision (avoided the dark side of the Kindle so far...).

A shame as I really like the Tolino.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:36 AM   #4
c123

As expected the problem is bloody software. I rooted my Tolino a few months back, and have no problem zooming in Coolreader.

I'm still on 1.8.0, not sure if this has been fixed in 1.9.2 as I still have to upgrade (firmware update problem after rooting).

Tags
tolino