Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
orien
orien began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 1945, 02 XDA Mini, Sony PRS505
Unable to install Calibre

I've downloaded the latest version of calibre, but every time that I click on the .exe file, nothing happens. I've tried waiting for more than thirty minutes, and I've tried uninstalling calibre and then trying to install it again, but that was a really bad move, since now I don't have the program at all in my computer.

I've even tried installing the older version of calibre that I still had, but then that file started acting up and won't start up either.

Please help! I love using this program and would really like to get it up and running again.

I'm using a Windows Vista Home Edition laptop, and my user account has administrator privileges.
orien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
do you mean clicking on the exe file of the installer?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 12:49 AM   #3
orien
orien began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 1945, 02 XDA Mini, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
do you mean clicking on the exe file of the installer?
Yes. I click on it, I wait and nothing hapens, so I can't install it.

Oh, and I've re-downloaded the file a couple of times from your site just to make sure that it wasn't corrupt or anything...
orien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
run it from a command prompt
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote