Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Post taskwarrior (REQUIRES KTERM)

So... Another request. Another thing I know zero about.

http://taskwarrior.org/projects/taskwarrior

Spoiler:

Supposedly it can do all kind of things. I managed to get it to "run", beyond that I need feedback.

This one REQUIRES kterm to run on the Touch or Paperwhite.

(I could possibly get it to work on the lower ones with enough interest)

Anyways. Taskwarrior. Kindle. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_515.png
Views:	666
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	109490   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_516.png
Views:	560
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	109491  
Attached Files
File Type: zip taskwarrior-requires-kterm.zip (821.9 KB, 404 views)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
That one should satisfy anyone who wanted a schedule / task / to-do list.

Recently, nasser provided us with a neatly bundled set of keyboard files for kterm on the paperwhite.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=161

Last edited by knc1; 08-16-2013 at 02:16 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

Recently, someone provided us with a neatly bundled set of keyboard files for kterm on the paperwhite.
Sorry, I didn't think to index that post. oops.
Ah yeah I saw that.

It had a reduced set of keys IIRC so it went under my radar.

Well. I have zero idea how to use this thing but I got it running at the very least. My work here is done.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:

Recently, someone provided us with a neatly bundled set of keyboard files for kterm on the paperwhite.
Sorry, I didn't think to index that post. oops.
knc1, I just read through this one last night. Was this it?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202794
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
knc1, I just read through this one last night. Was this it?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202794
Right thread, here are the recent attachments:

Maybe we can get a moderator to edit-in a link from the top post to that post.

Last edited by knc1; 08-16-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Hello, twobob.. really great work to port this..

ok.. for everybody.. here's the taskwarrior description from it's website:

Quote:
Taskwarrior is a command-line todo list manager.

It maintains a task list, allowing you to add/remove, and otherwise manipulate your tasks. Task has a rich set of subcommands that allow you to do sophisticated things. You'll find it has customizable reports, charts, GTD features, device synching, documentation, extensions, themes, holiday files and much more.
In case anybody is familiar with something called GTD.. taskwarrior is something of a dream come true for GTD'ers on the linux CLI.. and now for Kindlers too.. of course, it can also be used for various other forms of task management, scheduling, project monitoring and calendar functionality..

I've run a few quick checks on my PW and things seem ok.. will continue testing..

For starters run this command: 'task config color off' and enter 'y' to confirm.. this removes all colour usage.. otherwise some of the output with dark background is unreadable..

Links to help you get started:
Once again.. twobob.. simply great..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral

I sent a message to TaskWarrior's support address, mentioning this port to the Amazon Kindle(s) and included a link to this thread.
Might get a reply, who knows?
Old 08-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #8
twobob

Thanks. If there is a way to remove the coloration via Command Line switches let me know and I will update the package.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
twobob

Quote:
I sent a message to TaskWarrior's support address, mentioning this port to the Amazon Kindle(s) and included a link to this thread.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to knc1 again.
Sigh.

Thanks man
Old 08-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #10
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hmm.. knc1 beat me to it.. was just going through the website wondering how i could get in the news without an email..

read there somewhere that an android porting was still in early stages.. one up for kindle developers..
Old 08-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
twobob

Quote:
Right thread, here are the recent attachments:

Maybe we can get a moderator to edit-in a link from the top post to that post.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...44&postcount=1

Done.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
Hmm.. knc1 beat me to it.. was just going through the website wondering how i could get in the news without an email..

read there somewhere that an android porting was still in early stages.. one up for kindle developers..
I only asked them to update the "platforms" list:
http://taskwarrior.org/projects/task...wiki/Platforms
Old 08-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #13
nasser
Evangelist

A couple of screenshots of TW running on PW..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tw_scrshot_2.png
Views:	467
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	109516   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tw_scrshot_1.png
Views:	435
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	109517  
Old 08-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Let me guess,
you are already thinking of 'buttons' that will use the output of those queries to create 'report' documents.

Which would leave needing kTerm only for data entry and other things more advanced than just the simple 'report' queries.

A neat idea, glad you thought of it.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:31 AM   #15
nasser
Evangelist

Quote:
Let me guess,
you are already thinking of 'buttons' that will use the output of those queries to create 'report' documents.

Which would leave needing kTerm only for data entry and other things more advanced than just the simple 'report' queries.

A neat idea, glad you thought of it.
well.. yes.. you're right..

there are actually graphical front ends, external scripts and report generators already existing on the TW website: http://taskwarrior.org/projects/task...xternalScripts

many of these could be ported over to kindle..

but the CLI version is good enough for now..

maybe in the future..

Tags
extensions, kterm, kual, launcher add-ons, launcher extension, task, taskwarrior