Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
NigelS
Enthusiast
NigelS doesn't litterNigelS doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Libprs500 to convert Word2003 htm files?

I am trying to scan a report into Word 2003 (rtf/htm format) and use that editor to format the report into a form that I can convert into an lrf file that can be imported onto my Sony prs505 using libprs500.

I am formatting the report using Word 2003 styles. In particular two styles for main body text: one which indents the first line and the other which does not indent the first line and has a 6pt spacing above the first line.

However, when I import the htm file into libprs500, my style formatting seems to be ignored - all the body text is formatted with the first line indented.

How do I override the conversion defaults and make the converter use my formatting styles?

Thanks
NigelS
NigelS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you're using the gui, you have to zip up all the files into one zip file and then convert that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
NigelS
Enthusiast
NigelS doesn't litterNigelS doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Yes I'm using the GUI

But the report is all in ONE file (an HTM file, though I get the same behaviour with the file if it is in RTF format). The libprs500 conversion process is ignoring my bodytext style formatting and doing it all with an indented first line.

NigelS
NigelS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Create a ticket with the file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote