Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 02:41 PM   #16456
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
You get a free book so if there is a book you want it would be worth it if it's $5 or more.

Does anybody have a link for the free books for VIP?
https://www.kobo.com/us/en/List/brow...5&pageNumber=1
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:08 PM   #16457
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Stop the presses, Kobo sent me a 90% off coupon and it actually worked! I don't remember the last time I got one that actually worked.

Is there any way to renew VIP early with the $5 coupon code? I can't see a way to do it.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2017, 08:12 AM   #16458
jimars
Zealot
jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Thinkpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Stop the presses, Kobo sent me a 90% off coupon and it actually worked! I don't remember the last time I got one that actually worked.

Is there any way to renew VIP early with the $5 coupon code? I can't see a way to do it.
I tried to do that, but could not find a way. I tried kobo help, and they weren't any help either, so I ended up letting my membership lapse and then using superpoints to pay for it. (I didn't have a promocode for more than 20% off.)
jimars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #16459
darthyoda6
Connoisseur
darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen, Kindle 7th Gen
I just posted the VIP code, cause a couple of pages back 2 people were asking for one.
darthyoda6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:40 PM   #16460
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, I have 3 of them. Just wanted to make sure I couldn't use one before I pass them along. I'm not sure if $10 a year is worth it for me but $5 certainly is. I waited last year after my VIP expired to see if they'd send me one but, of course, they didn't.
Advert
Old 10-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #16461
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer

If anyone wants VIP for $5 (offer ends Oct 23):

VIPFYHKCG
VIPPY5HUS
VIPAG7W7K
Old 10-19-2017, 02:52 PM   #16462
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
DSCVR90BK, giving 90% off, just worked on a new US based account.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:07 PM   #16463
ctlw83
ctlw83 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2 with 3.2.1 firmware, Kobo Touch v3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter One View Post
DSCVR90BK, giving 90% off, just worked on a new US based account.
Thank you so much! This definitely works. Took 90% off the most expensive item.
ctlw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:40 PM   #16464
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Kobo CA & US' A Treasure Trove of Deals sale, through October 25th, is actually pretty good if you're into mystery or travel, and also has a decent selection of speculative and non-fiction. Everything appears to be couponable/VIP-discount eligible from mostly mid-level specialty publishers (apparently distributed by Ingram?).

There's a slew of travel books from Berlitz and Insight Guides (very nice country guides with both substantial history/cultural write-ups as well as practical travel info) for just $2.99 each. Agate, who used to give us some rather nice freebies, has a number of offerings in the sale, as does Skyhorse/Arcade Publishing who've some history/biography titles as well.

For mystery and horror readers, Severn House has discounted 3 pages worth assorted somewhere-in-series titles for just $1.99, including medieval mysteries by Bernard Knight, Kate Sedley, Alys Clare, etc., later historical mysteries by Barbara Hambly, Dorothy Cannell, etc. plus some modern thrillers by Simon R. Green and Graham Masterton, and even a science fiction investigator series by Paul Johnston, set in a future Edinburgh (I bought the first half-dozen of these during a sale years ago, and really liked the 1st one which was all I've read so far). Also some mystery/thrillers for $0.99 from Oceanview Publishing, who also used to give us a lot of freebies, so you might have already read one of their authors you're interested in following up.

Linkage to the Kobo CA main page, with categories: Fiction, Mystery, Literary Fiction, Thrillers, Romance, Science Fiction, Fantasy, & Horror, Biography & Memoir, Nonfiction (actually just 25 pages of the Berlitz and Insight travel guides; all the other non-fiction is under Biography), Kids & Teen

Linkage to the Kobo US main sale page. The categories are the same and the display looks like it's got almost the same selection (maybe minus a few books that only one country or the other has rights for).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:50 PM   #16465
Darlynne
Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Darlynne has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Asus MeMO Pad 7
I received a 90% off coupon, which didn't work for any of the books offered in the email from Kobo. So frustrating to fill out the customer service form and then spend 37 minutes on-line to resolve the problem, sending screen shots of the coupon email, of the error message. The result was "pay the entire amount and we'll refund a credit to your credit card in seven days."

At some point, even 90% won't be worth the hassle. Does Kobo not understand this?
Darlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:06 PM   #16466
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynne View Post
I received a 90% off coupon, which didn't work for any of the books offered in the email from Kobo. So frustrating to fill out the customer service form and then spend 37 minutes on-line to resolve the problem, sending screen shots of the coupon email, of the error message. The result was "pay the entire amount and we'll refund a credit to your credit card in seven days."

At some point, even 90% won't be worth the hassle. Does Kobo not understand this?
I've had that conversation before too, it's banging your head against a brick wall. I now can't be bothered to even look on Kobo, I buy my books direct from Amazon.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:27 PM   #16467
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, the latest 90% coupon they sent me didn't work either. I've just given up on customer service dealing with it.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #16468
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I got one today as well, and it didn't work on anything I tried. It's beyond ridiculous.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #16469
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I unsubscribed from their emails so I no longer get their defective coupons.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #16470
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I only ever get the 20% coupons, maybe 25%.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals