Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
nannye
nannye began at the beginning.

Device: sony e reader
I need a case for my sony 650 (something other than the sony ones)

I have a sony 650 and I also have the cover for it with attached light. I need something to store the whole thing in. I am a klutz and after having dropped it three times one of the corners is damaged and the side crackeda teeny. In my efforts to keep it as is, can anyone reccommend a case like a neoprane case or something similar that I can purchase. I have tried ipad cases and that seems to be the best fit so far, but it is still too big. any reccommendations?
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
http://www.extremeinkjet.com/BookArm...okarmor650.htm

Just got one of these myself... you could throw the reader across the room in it and it'd still be fine.
I didn't bother attaching it with the sticky things either.
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I have a sony 650 and I also have the cover for it with attached light. I need something to store the whole thing in.
I'm looking to do the same thing ... the lighted case is nice, but I'd sure like to find something to slip the whole thing into to protect against dust and klutziness. Unfortunately, the case mentioned above will only take a naked PRS-650 and no light.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Use a different light?
I had the lighted cover, the soft cover and now this cover... this cover is downright awesome.
No stress throwing it around anywhere, and i chuck it everywhere
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:03 AM   #5
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
I keep mine in an 8" soft zippered case that I got at TJMaxx for $3; I think it's for travel documents and it was in the clearance section. It looks like a mini laptop case, which might work as well. Look on ebay for a 8-9" neoprene mini netbook sleeve, which might work fine.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
Fastolfe
Bookworm
Fastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony PRS-650
I keep mine in a small flat Tupperware box, wrapped in a cloth inside. It's not sexy but it protects the device, and more importantly, allows me to sneak it in and out of the company I work for, that has paranoid security procedures regarding bringing in electronic devices, by pretending it's my sandwich box
Fastolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #7
nannye
nannye began at the beginning.

Device: sony e reader
I found a solution!!

http://blogkindle.com/ereader-comparison/ shows you all the different one and accomodating for the extra width from the lighted cover it matches with the kindle 2. So sleeves or zippered cases made for the Kindle 2 should fit the 650 with the attached lighted cover. I found this which meets my dimension specifications http://www.builtny.com/gadgets-e-rea...r-kindles.html
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote