Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 01-07-2017, 10:56 PM   #1
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
MP3 File Joining Program

Anyone have a recommendation for a free MP3 file joining program that runs on Windows?
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:46 PM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I don't know of any single purpose program that does that, but you could do it with Audacity. Google "Audacity join mp3" to find multiple solutions.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you. I'll look into it.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:15 AM   #4
Lizj1
Enthusiast
Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, Kindle 3, Kobo H20, Oasis 2
I use Goldwave (http://www.goldwave.com/) to split and join mp3 files. I can't remember what features might be disabled on the evaluation version though, and it's fairly pricey ($45) to keep...
Lizj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
Snowman
Zealot
Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 5, Kindle K3, Kindle Voyage
You could also try mp3DirectCut, which I use to trim excessive silence or clicks at the ends of an mp3. It has the advantage that it does not decode to wav, then re-encode.

I don't think it is intended to join mp3's - certainly I've never tried to do that - but it may be worth playing with to see if you could copy/paste new content at the end of a file.

snowman
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:25 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
You could also try mp3DirectCut, which I use to trim excessive silence or clicks at the ends of an mp3. It has the advantage that it does not decode to wav, then re-encode.

I don't think it is intended to join mp3's - certainly I've never tried to do that - but it may be worth playing with to see if you could copy/paste new content at the end of a file.

snowman
I too use mp3DirectCut to edit MP3, but you don't need a program to join MP3s - just append them using the command line:

Eg: copy /b filea.mp3+fileb.mp3 filec.mp3

will combine "filea" and "fileb" into "filec".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:17 PM   #7
wawasteele
Addict

Thank you all for more ideas. HarryT, yours sounds simple. I will try it with my next batch.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:33 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It works fine; it's something I often do.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #9
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I too use mp3DirectCut to edit MP3, but you don't need a program to join MP3s - just append them using the command line:

Eg: copy /b filea.mp3+fileb.mp3 filec.mp3

will combine "filea" and "fileb" into "filec".
If you find yourself needing to do this a lot (or for a lot of files) you can also create a BAT (batch) file to run the code. Good way to ensure everything's spelled right the first time. I usually refer to computerhope.com when I need to remember how to write in DOS/build BAT files.

Back before the plugins were written for Calibre to use Apprentice Alf's deDRM tools, I used to write BAT files to do the steps for removing the DRM from my ebooks.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote