Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Instructions for adding series details via Calibre

I have a new computer and had to reinstall Calibre a little while ago and now I can't find the instructions that tell me how to add series information to my side loaded books.
For example the Harry Potter books would be HP1 - Harry Potter and the...; HP2 Harry Potter and .. etc.

I have tried searching but I can't seem to find it.

I really want to update my Calibre library with the series info before I do upgrade to the new firmware as I will need to reload all my books.

Thanks
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Metadata plugboard..

I use
Code:
format: epub
device: kobo
template: {series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
destination field: title
This would make it HP - 1 - Harry Potter and the
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Thanks Peter - that's exactly the one I wanted. Karma to you.
I think it was you who pointed me to it previously.
Don't know why I couldn't find it but I knew it was there and that asking would be faster than continually searching.

HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

More than welcome
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
Fehmarn
Enthusiast
Fehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litter

Device: Aura H2O (Glo stolen, PRS-T1 given away, K-touch kaputt) & iPads
May I ask some idiot questions?

I go to Preferences, Klick on "Metadate Plugboard" and add exactly the string above.
For Kobo Touch and Format epub, also selct the title field.
Then I klick "apply"

And when I check the file on the card now gets a weird name:
format_ epub device_ kobo template_ G - 03 - Omerta destination field_ title.epub

Instead of Something like GF-3 Omerta.

The name does also not show up properly in the library.

Could anybody please point me to an idiots step by step manual for doing this?

Looks like I now have sc*wed up my calibre settings because books don't end up in folders anymore and get weird names.

Help much appreciated.
Fehmarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

For the instructions applicable to calibre 0.9.1 and above please see A Quick Guide to Shelf Management with calibre 0.9.1 and above for Touch / Glo / Mini
Old 11-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
Fehmarn
Enthusiast
Fehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litter

Device: Aura H2O (Glo stolen, PRS-T1 given away, K-touch kaputt) & iPads
Solution found: deleted calibre (including all files it puts in the Library folder, access on MAc by pressing "alt" and then selecting "library").
Re-installed calibre, and re-entered the string just as listed above and now it works like a charm....
Fehmarn is offline   Reply With Quote