Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #661
fforc9e
fforc9e began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle B00E with DuoKan
Yes I installed duokan when I have had KOS4.0.1
fforc9e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #662
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Has someone tried fforc9e's way of getting kindle touch english duokan.seems to me that it would work.if none of you have tried then can some one tell me which files or folders I have to take from the K4 english duokan to make the touch duokan english.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #663
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fforc9e View Post
Yes I installed duokan when I have had KOS4.0.1
Hmmm, strange. I first had Duokan 4.7 installed, uninstalled it an put 5.1 on, and both had the same problem about crashing a lot. I also tried changing every possible setting, with no success. I really have no idea what to do anymore.
Is there a way to completely reinstall the current KOS on my kindle? Or what does "restore to factory settings" do, does it also remove Duokan?
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #664
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Restore to factory defaults only re-sets some of the local setting choices.

We have a sticky thread on multiple ways to reload the original software - all of which work on a machine that is not bricked.
I.E: You don't have to first brick your machine to use the recovery images.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #665
fforc9e

Techiemonkey you need to copy english locale which is English.txt to \DK_System\xKindle\res\language folder but you are doing it on your own risk. This is only an idea I don't know if its going to work or not.

About crashing kindle... Recently I start to using my KNT a lot and I don't have this problems with crashing. They only appears when I click to many time in short period of time. In earlier version of DK this crashes were more often than now.

Btw. If I use duokan update I have latest version of DK or I need to make a fresh install?? Of course I talking about kindle non-touch. You are talking about version 4.x and 5.x it confused me :P
Old 08-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #666
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you upload the english.txt for me. I don't want to go through the trouble of downloading duokan.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #667
fforc9e

Here you are. This is locale from duokan for KNT.

I need to read this file. There are some nice option in here. Please tell my if its working.
Attached Files
File Type: txt English.txt (19.4 KB, 423 views)

Last edited by fforc9e; 08-11-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #668
fforc9e

Guy I have some problems with latest DuoKan update. I don't know why but after update DK seems to restart after boot. I mean when the screen of DK loadign pls wait etc. and the loading bar is full screen flash and do it again and again. I think it might be problem with locale. Maybe DK team change something in locale and now system don't want to run with old locale. I'll try to figure it out in next few hours. Please PM me if someone have the same problem with KNT. Maybe this problem occur only in my device.

Ok, everything seems to by all right after fresh DuoKan install.

Last edited by fforc9e; 08-11-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: update
Old 08-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #669
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

have replaced English.txt with the one you gave but still language button is greyed out.can someone see is there a file in the kindle that we can edit to enable english.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #670
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
have replaced English.txt with the one you gave but still language button is greyed out.can someone see is there a file in the kindle that we can edit to enable english.
localisation support is neded to be enabled by the developer.
see

Last edited by thomass; 08-11-2012 at 11:40 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #671
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

@thomass if you mean the post in which you say what duokan people said about localisation,now the bookstore is completed so they must have started development on localisation.they must have completed the english version as stated on the english site,but suddenly the website went dormant and still is for seemingly forever and tye finshed version never got released.we should either wait for the english release or poke around in duokan and hope it has localisation from the previous version but disabled and hope that it should just be a matter of enabling to get localisation.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #672
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Let us know when you succeed in doing that and remember to write it up for everyone else.
It is now "pay-back" time (or: "pay time back").
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #673
fforc9e

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
localisation support is neded to be enabled by the developer.
see
I hope this trick will work. Maybe they will enable this option. If I have KT Ill search for this option, but unfortunately I don't have touch version.

No one search for this "enable option"? I think they can hide it somewhere on first partition (/dev/mmc***/DuoKan/). I can try to find it but I think there is no sense, DK team probably make english locale in next 2-3 weeks (I hope :P ).
Old 08-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #674
jaruna
jaruna began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
K4NT DOC, Dictionary, ...

I have K4NT, Version 4.1.0. I instaled Duokan 2012-08-10 C14126.rtm.

A) I supposed, I can use DOC-files on K4NT, but only MOBI or TXT worked.

B) How can I create and manage Directories?

Thanks for help.

Last edited by jaruna; 08-11-2012 at 06:33 PM.
jaruna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #675
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fforc9e View Post
I hope this trick will work. Maybe they will enable this option. If I have KT Ill search for this option, but unfortunately I don't have touch version.

No one search for this "enable option"? I think they can hide it somewhere on first partition (/dev/mmc***/DuoKan/). I can try to find it but I think there is no sense, DK team probably make english locale in next 2-3 weeks (I hope :P ).
You can search in the installation zip. However I suppose it is more than that. Otherwise why would they need their hands free to enable this?
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf