Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #1
petesurfer
petesurfer began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx book Max
Question on reverting Firmware on Onyx Book Max

Hi everyone,

I have the first version of the Onyx book Max. I've updated it to the lastest firmware this week (1.8.2.) and since then, my computer won't detect the device (both in Windows and MacOS, which worked perfect before the upgrade). Thankfully, I can still charge books on it by removing and loading the SD Card, but it's a bit of a nuisance.

Does anyone know if there's a way to revert back to the original firmware? And where I could download it from?

Many thanks!
Pedro
petesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:50 AM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petesurfer View Post
Hi everyone,

I have the first version of the Onyx book Max. I've updated it to the lastest firmware this week (1.8.2.) and since then, my computer won't detect the device (both in Windows and MacOS, which worked perfect before the upgrade). Thankfully, I can still charge books on it by removing and loading the SD Card, but it's a bit of a nuisance.

Does anyone know if there's a way to revert back to the original firmware? And where I could download it from?

Many thanks!
Pedro
Best bet would probably be to message Booxtor or contact him through ereader.store: https://ereader.store/en/

However, I'm running the 1.8.2 firmware on my Max and am having no problems with it being recognized by my computer running Windows 7.

Have you tried connecting it with a different cable? Sometimes that is all it takes. My Kobo Aura One will be recognized when I connect it to the computer with certain cables, but not with others.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert