Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Free (K) Dirty Weekend - Helen Zahavi [Literary Fiction/Crime Fiction/Black Comedy]

Amazon US---Amazon UK

-This book was previously published by Macmillan in 1991.

Quote:
-Dirty Weekend is an act of writing that is avant-garde in the literal sense. A literary turning point - Naomi Wolf, New Statesman & Society

-A dark and brilliant book - The Daily Telegraph

-The literary sensation of the year - City Limits

-Glinting, rapier wit - Publishers Weekly

-Taut prose, black humour and a confrontational style make this a challenging and terrifyingly funny first novel - Time Out

-A slim, sharp stiletto of a book - i-D

-Dirty Weekend is a novel composed of language so gorgeous, so precise and witty, that I found myself laughing and thought, I should be crying instead. Nothing pleases me more than to be surprised into consciousness - Kathy Acker

-I can still remember the visceral shock I felt as a young single woman reading Helen Zahavi's first novel, which burst upon a rather staid early-1990s U.K. literary scene like a firework. Every woman who has ever had a fantasy about taking revenge on a man can identify with its heroine - Louise Doughty, Wall Street Journal

-Dirty Weekend is everything that American Psycho wants to be but isn't. Provocative, confrontational, disturbing, challenging, enlightening and moving - Blitz

-As a piece of stylized thuggery, the effect is stunning - Marie Claire

---"This is the story of Bella, who woke up one morning and realised she'd had enough..." So begins DIRTY WEEKEND, one woman's tale of fear and revenge. Dark, violent and brutally funny, DIRTY WEEKEND was hugely controversial when first published in 1991. Media reaction was extreme and polarised, but despite initial hostility it went on to be widely translated, became a bestseller in the UK and Europe, and was made into a feature film by Michael Winner, director of DEATH WISH.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote