Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-31-2012, 06:29 AM   #346
calvin
DRM remover
calvin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, 4 & Touch, iPhone/iPad, Hanvon N516 (OpenInkpot)
you are the greatest!!! Hyphenation on my Touch without HackedupReader :-)

I will install it immediately!

installed

I LOVE IT!

Last edited by calvin; 07-31-2012 at 07:40 AM.
calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #347
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
I like full justification (setting 2, no hyphenation ), but why not give user the free hand to select between these 4 options?

ixtab! You're becoming geekmaster version 2.0.3 alpha just kidding... Thanks, we love you.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 07-31-2012 at 08:26 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2012, 08:26 AM   #348
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
If you had logged into my account anytime during the past 6 months and tried to give ixtab karma, it would say "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ixtab again."
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #349
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
I like full justification (setting 2, no hyphenation ), but why not give user the free hand to select between these 4 options?
Ok, done. Please re-visit the Wiki to download the new version.

Note: if you had the previous version installed, chances are that the configuration UI for the patch will be screwed up initially. This is because the localization file on the disk is out-of-date. There are two alternative ways to fix this:

a) rm /var/local/jbpatch/com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.hyphenation-en.txt && restart framework
b) perform a Sync from the UI, then delete the com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.hyphenation-en.txt from opt/jbpatch, then perform a cleanup from the UI, and restart the framework

Last edited by ixtab; 08-02-2012 at 07:47 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #350
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
If you had logged into my account anytime during the past 6 months and tried to give ixtab karma, it would say "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ixtab again."
Just give some karma to a few others and you can give some to ixtab again (but not to a POST that you already gave karma to).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #351
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin View Post
you are the greatest!!! Hyphenation on my Touch without HackedupReader :-)
http://xkcd.com/1015/

bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #352
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
German localisation file for the new patch

What I can not change actually is the language of the choosen style, "Smart" stays "smart" while indicating the active and standard style...
Attached Files
File Type: txt com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.hyphenation-de.txt (842 Bytes, 264 views)

Last edited by diba; 07-31-2012 at 12:38 PM.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #353
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post

What I can not change actually is the language of the choosen style, "Smart" stays "smart" while indicating the active and standard style...
Thanks!

Yes, that is a shortcoming of the current version of JBPatch, I forgot to make the values localizable - so far it was only integers, so I didn't notice. This may be fixed in the next version... but it's not big enough an inconvenience to demand for action right now
Old 07-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #354
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

And if you are getting bored, I think a "coverview" would be appreciated as well ... ;-)
Old 07-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #355
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
And if you are getting bored, I think a "coverview" would be appreciated as well ... ;-)
Hmm... not sure I understand. I suppose you're referring to the cover that is shown in the details. These can be found in /mnt/us/system/thumbnails/, but they're pretty useless, because they're very low-resolution. Also, how and where would that "cover view" functionality be accessed?

So far, I think the hyphenation patch is by far the most useful for the general Kindle experience
Old 07-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #356
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
My God! I mean, my ixtab! So long I've been sad with no hyphenation and now you come with this... Thank you very much, reading experience gone heaven with small margins and hyphenation!
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #357
diba
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Hmm... not sure I understand. I suppose you're referring to the cover that is shown in the details. These can be found in /mnt/us/system/thumbnails/, but they're pretty useless, because they're very low-resolution. Also, how and where would that "cover view" functionality be accessed?

So far, I think the hyphenation patch is by far the most useful for the general Kindle experience
I do talk about a coverview on the homescreen, just as on other readers. So one could have an overview by covers instead of the kindle list view with titles ...
Old 07-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #358
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
I do talk about a coverview on the homescreen, just as on other readers. So one could have an overview by covers instead of the kindle list view with titles ...
Too complicated and not worth the effort - at least for me... but of course everybody is welcome to give it a go and to provide that functionality. It's not as if JBPatch was closed-source, or limited to patches developed by me
Old 07-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #359
diba
Addict

My capabilities are quite limited in this case, so I will have to take my share by doing simple translation work ...
Old 07-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #360
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:

Your contribution was worth the karma upgrade to 2600, but I messed up. You have 900 too much now.

(I give 2600 upgrades as an incentive for new people to contribute stuff to add value to the kindles and this forum.) 2600 is a famous number familiar to hackers from before the computer hacking days. One might say that apple computer was founded on it:

2600 Hacking

That video interview ends with "If we hadn't have made Blue Boxes there would have been no apple." Awesome! And because the ARM processor embedded in the kindles has an instruction set based on the 6502 that was made popular by early apple computers, there may have been no kindle too.

EDIT: 2600 Hz is the frequency of the tone that was sent into a telephone handset to "hijack" the long distance network for making free international calls, back when "in-band signalling" was still used (reportedly still used in some small foreign countries).

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-31-2012 at 04:00 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks