Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-15-2017, 06:33 AM   #376
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I have never had a problem with Amazon UK and ordering eBooks. I do not use a VPN or use any other means to hide my IP. Also the email I use is a US based one.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:40 AM   #377
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
What a bizarre situation in the case of The Town That Forgot How to Breathe. Paper books are of course available for purchase on all the Amazon sites regardless of location. The Kindle edition can be purchased for $A10.99 in Australia and £3.99 (about $A6.99 from the UK. No kindle edition can be purchased from the Us site or, remarkably enough, the Canadian one. The latter is ironic since the author is Canadian and the book apparently has a uniquely Canadian setting. If there are benefits to not making an ebook available in its home market and the largest English speaking market on the face of the earth I'm afraid they escape me. And, of course, all will abide by these restrictions and refrain from travelling, let alone piracy. Won't they?
Yes, I agree it is a strange situation. I have the book available in paper and I check periodically to see if it has been made available as an e-book in the US. I just think it is a good example of the weirdness of geo-restrictions.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote