Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-13-2014, 12:34 AM   #1
Jaxie
Jaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
WALL CHARGER FOR POCKET BOOK IQ 701

Hello everyone
I am trying to find a charger for my pocketbook IQ701 and am not having much luck.
Does anyone know where I can get one from. Peferably in the UK. I have found lots of chargers, but can't find one with right connection to the Pocketbook itself. Does anyone know if it would charge using a USB

Thanks
Jaxie
Jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
If you can't find the original charger (maybe ask Pocketbook directly): you can use an universal charger. I bought one for my tablet (Pocket Edge), it came with about 10 different plugs and one can set the voltage (1,5-12V in steps) on the charger.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Does it not charge via USB?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
That's what the OP is unsure of and asked in his/her last sentence.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The simple solution would be to try it and see, but I'd be extremely surprised if it didn't charge over USB. Pretty much all modern readers and tablets do.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
Jaxie
Jaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Hello
Thank you for replying to my email. I bought and have tried the USB and unfortunately it does not work. I have also tried with a multiple charger with different jacks. This worked for about 2 months and then the jack kept slipping out of the charger. I tried to tape it on with electrical tape but it stopped working. So I am at square 1.
Thank you for your help anyway
jaxie
Jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:32 AM   #7
Bertolt
Connoisseur
Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle K4, Kobo mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab
A dedicated charger is not necessary.

A dedicated charger is not necessary. I use the same wall charger for my LG mobile phone, my Samsung Galaxy Tab(let) and my Pocket Book Lux. It works perfectly for all 3 devices and saves cluttering up my life with one more gadget! Perhaps you already have the wall charger you need! Sometimes I charge the Pocketbook via the USB port, if the reader is connected anyway in order to transfer books from Calibre on my PC. I save all my books in Calibre.
Bertolt is offline   Reply With Quote