Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-14-2021, 09:48 PM   #31
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Perhaps this is a new check recently added to their Daisy ACE checker. I will update Access-Aide to add the schema:accessibilityHazard none just to be safe. It can not hurt.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:44 PM   #32
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Perhaps this is a new check recently added to their Daisy ACE checker. I will update Access-Aide to add the schema:accessibilityHazard none just to be safe. It can not hurt.
Sounds good to me!

And thanks for your help and appreciation for all the work you do!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:30 AM   #33
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Happy to help. A new Access-Aide v054 is now available with this change.
Please do verify you are not using any animated GIFS in your epub since we set that value to none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Sounds good to me!

And thanks for your help and appreciation for all the work you do!
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 01:45 AM   #34
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Happy to help. A new Access-Aide v054 is now available with this change.
Please do verify you are not using any animated GIFS in your epub since we set that value to none.
Definitely no animations of any sort! And I saw that you mention that on the first page, which is good, since everyone should probably be aware of checking for hazards.

Already downloaded and installed!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 05:15 AM   #35
lisbonlg
lisbonlg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
I've installed it (Sigil 2.0.2) but I keep getting this error whenever I run the plugin:

Status failed

Running ACE... please wait.

'ace' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

What should I do?
lisbonlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 07:51 AM   #36
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisbonlg View Post
What should I do?
Visit the Inclusive Publishing website and follow the ACE installation instructions.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 12:24 PM   #37
gregorio
gregorio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch, iPad
Fix for macOS

I did a long debug and managed to get the plugin working on macOS.

Specifically in the aceWrapper function the process must be called with
Code:
shell=True

In addition you have to set the PATH variable to include
Code:
/usr/local/bin

In addition you have to refer to Ace with the full path, in my case
Code:
/usr/local/bin/ace
Finally you have to enter the arguments not as a list, but as text:
Code:
" ".join(args)
The complete command then becomes:

Code:
process = Popen("PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin; "+" ".join(args), stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE, shell=True)
gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote