Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 02:46 AM   #1
goto
goto began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story HD
How to see internal memory again (on iRiver this time)

Hi,

Recently I bought new iRiver ebook reader - Story HD. On the first day, I've made some mess on it, so I've decided to reformat internal memory with OSX Disk utility. And know I can see it on any computer, but reader can't. I suppose it just can't mount internal memory during start.
I've tried many, many partition formats and nothing. I can't upgrade firmware cause there is only 1.0 version and it's not available on the net.

I've read this topic https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...l+memory+again but the methods don't work with iRiver, but I suposse the problem is simmilar.

Thanks in advance.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
goto
goto began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story HD
SOLVED

Hi again,

After almost ten days I've solved a problem.
The problem was with a partition type, it's quite obvious. Finally I've made it with Gparted live CD. But It can be done with any Linux distribution (or with most of them).

First you make a partition with msdos partition table. I've formatted it with ext2 filesystem. Then you have to use this command in terminal

Code:
mkfs.msdos -F 32 -h 5 -I /dev/sdb1
It makes MSDos filesystem (Fat32) with 5 hidden sectors (I suppose it can be any number) on sdb1 device (our partition previously made with Gparted).
Restart a device.

Then I've opened Windows XP and formated a partition with EASYUS Partition Manager (it's freeware). That's all. What's important - the partition was no longer marked as a partition with MBR, but as a Super Floppy Drive.

I hope It will be helpfull for someone else.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert