Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: Is this book any good?
No -- it's senseless and vile. 0 0%
Well, um ... I don't want to hurt your feelings ... but ... 0 0%
Censor this! 0 0%
None of the above. 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #16
MarkCoakley
Viking Saga
MarkCoakley doesn't litterMarkCoakley doesn't litter

Device: http://markcoakley.wordpress.com/
False Document

Yes, Viking Saga is a modern fiction, written by me. The description says Viking Saga is a novel written in 2009 by Mark Coakley, the "translator's note" is dated 2010, and there are many other internal clues ... The "false document" is a long-standing fictional device that was used in the very first novel, Robinson Crusoe, which Defoe presented as the diary of a shipwrecked sailor ... Wikipedia has a good article about false documents -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_document ... It's not done to trick readers, but to make it easier to willingly suspend disbelief ... Should I make it more obvious?

PS -- The two saga's mentioned by Ea happen to be my two favourites, and used as research for Viking Saga. The book uses a lot of saga conventions, while trying to jazz it up a bit for modern tastes.

Last edited by MarkCoakley; 11-15-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: added a PS
MarkCoakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #17
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I've got no problems with the literary device, Mark.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 07:51 AM   #18
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Mark, have you thought about converting this book into ebook formats such as .mobi/prc or epub?

I would certainly be interested to have look, being Dane with a great historical interest the late Scandinavian iron age.

EDIT: Um... you have a typo in the foreword: "Sturulson"
It's straightforward to generate epub.
Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word 2007 converts Word documents straightforwardly to epub and you can do any chapter and TOC/Meta editing using sigil. Easy peasy!
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #19
MarkCoakley
Viking Saga
MarkCoakley doesn't litterMarkCoakley doesn't litter

Device: http://markcoakley.wordpress.com/
.epub and .mobi

Here are two more formats: .epub and .mobi ...
Attached Files
File Type: epub Mark Coakley - Viking Saga.epub (841.2 KB, 278 views)
File Type: mobi Mark Coakley - Viking Saga.mobi (342.5 KB, 251 views)
MarkCoakley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle, history, norse, norway, war