Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-28-2017, 02:48 PM   #30016
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Sounds like a plan, Rumpleteazer. You can't quite bar him from the store, but this way at least you get a bit of your own back. And perhaps he'll go somewhere else.
It isn't just with us. A while ago I was at the hardware store and he was being helped before. He was nagging and they were also borderline rude to him.

He's the only one we are now structurally adding the zeiktoeslag (nag surtax) to any purchase.

He did come back, on Saturday. My father just told him that we were closed, that the guys I was letting in had an emergency and that we don't mind if he doesn't buy anything with us anymore and gets everything online. He didn't buy anything, but nagged about my inappropriate shoes (Crocs sandals) and hairstyle (messy bun); it was 30 that afternoon.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:50 AM   #30017
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Today I'm just fed up with the boss.

I've been working at the place now more than a year, the first 8 months was quite a pleasure to work there, bit the last 6 months something happened and it's no longer a pleasure to work there.

Back then she would give you rules of what need to be done, and it'll be the rules for months, these days she'll give you instructions/rules and would only be valid while she's at work, once she leaves the chances of the instructions to be the same by the time she gets home is 30%, 70 of the time the instructions would have changed and she would "forget" to tell anyone about it, and if you "break" her "new instruction" she'll be mad at you.

This morning I got an "angry" whattsapp message from her (she made a group for the work) claiming we are discussing work related stuff with other people, something I have never done, I asked her about it and has yet to receive an reply on it. Just now I got a message stating we're not doing everything she employ us for, and are spending most of our time on our cellphones, the only f&^%#$ng time I'm on my phone is when she wants answers or info.
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2017, 12:03 PM   #30018
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
He's the only one we are now structurally adding the zeiktoeslag (nag surtax) to any purchase.
LOVE the word Always had the concept.

When I was a contract writer, doing a lot of whitepapers and product documentation for Microsoft, I had a standard "enhanced" fee for working with certain off-shore groups. I knew, from painful experience, that they always required way more work and revisions than working with others. Mostly I avoided them, but when I had to work with a group that had most of the review team off-shore, I charged the higher rate.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:53 PM   #30019
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hate hot weather. At least the last couple of days it wasn't humid, today it was. Temperatures are supposed to be dropping now, but in my bedroom it's still 27C, even with two fans on.

Thunderstorms are supposed to be on the way and are set to reach is in over an hour, around 1am. It's predicted to rain a lot in a very short time, so I've got my earplugs ready to wear. I think it might be time to investigate who of the restaurants put their wheelie bin underneath something to drips on it and ask them to do something about it.

The only upside of these hot nights is that I don't have to get up during the night to go to the bathroom; I probably lose enough fluids by sweating.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #30020
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
I hate hot weather. At least the last couple of days it wasn't humid, today it was. Temperatures are supposed to be dropping now, but in my bedroom it's still 27C, even with two fans on.

Thunderstorms are supposed to be on the way and are set to reach is in over an hour, around 1am. It's predicted to rain a lot in a very short time, so I've got my earplugs ready to wear. I think it might be time to investigate who of the restaurants put their wheelie bin underneath something to drips on it and ask them to do something about it.

The only upside of these hot nights is that I don't have to get up during the night to go to the bathroom; I probably lose enough fluids by sweating.
But if it gets super humid, you won't sweat as much.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2017, 02:54 AM   #30021
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
zeiktoeslag
That one should be the new word of 2017, if only because it made me smile
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:44 AM   #30022
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

This morning my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 told me a system update, to Nougat, was ready for installation. After installing it Calendar gave an error. No problem, let's see if there's an update. The Play app only gave a blank screen, also Gmail didn't want to download new emails.

I was already envisioning a factory reset. But after a quick Google search I found that it's a common problem and the solution for my tablet was to boot it in safe mode, start Play, close it, reboot. And then everything worked as it should.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:58 AM   #30023
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Bianca, after I did a lookup I'd rather translate it as pop (piss off penalty) but nevertheless worth a
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:57 PM   #30024
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
snippage...

I am absolutely, positively, officially mooching that term for my business, effective immediately. It's just too good to pass up.

Quote:
He did come back, on Saturday. My father just told him that we were closed, that the guys I was letting in had an emergency and that we don't mind if he doesn't buy anything with us anymore and gets everything online. He didn't buy anything, but nagged about my inappropriate shoes (Crocs sandals) and hairstyle (messy bun); it was 30 that afternoon.
Honestly, the nerve of some people! Why don't you just give him a glacial stare, and say something appropriate, like "How rude!!"? I would. That's just wholly inappropriate behavior.

Heck, you're in Europe...tell him he's sexually discriminating against you because he wouldn't say those things to a man. That should get up his nose.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:54 AM   #30025
fum
Zealot
fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWII
I love that zeiktoeslag too. As a danish native speaker, and years and years of german speaking, the Dutch language is wonderful. It sounds like I should be able to understand it, but its like its just 2 cm outside the envelope. I'm sooooo close to grasp it, but away it goes.
fum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:55 AM   #30026
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fum View Post
I love that zeiktoeslag too. As a danish native speaker, and years and years of german speaking, the Dutch language is wonderful. It sounds like I should be able to understand it, but its like its just 2 cm outside the envelope. I'm sooooo close to grasp it, but away it goes.
I have the same with Danish. It sounds like a weird form of German to me. Sometimes I can understand parts of sentences, and sometimes it's like... WTF... (I speak/read/write/understand Dutch, German and English. And my local dialect, but that's not a language. As Freeshadow would say: that's a speech impediment.)

Last edited by Katsunami; 06-01-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:15 AM   #30027
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
One of our regular customers is from Friesland, in the north of the Netherlands, they speak Frysian. He told us that Frysian and Danish are very close and a frysian and a Dane could have a conversation in their own language and understand each other reasonably well.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #30028
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Honestly, the nerve of some people! Why don't you just give him a glacial stare, and say something appropriate, like "How rude!!"? I would. That's just wholly inappropriate behavior.

Heck, you're in Europe...tell him he's sexually discriminating against you because he wouldn't say those things to a man. That should get up his nose.

Hitch
He is one of those persons that is either too stupid to get the hint or he doesn't care. My suspicion is that it's both.

However, it doesn't matter anymore.

Today, he came to the consulting hour. As usual he brought several things with him he wanted my father to take a look at. As usual my father told him to choose one item, since the rule is one item per person per consulting hour.

Whilst my father was taking apart his cheapo but newish light fixture, after testing the new fluorescent tube, neither were bought in our store, I was helping another customer. The jerk advised my customer to buy the item he wanted online, because it was much cheaper. So my father stuffed back all the loose parts in the light fixture, closed it and handed it back with the message that as of right now he was banned from the store.

Jerk didn't understand it, he was giving good advise in his opinion.

Mind you, I expect we have to kick him out a couple of times before he gets the message.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:25 AM   #30029
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Not to mention, the word simply sounds wonderful. Zeiktoeslag. After all, toeslag just sounds like toe jam that someone forgot to wash, and it gets better from there, right?

I know how you feel about German-Dutch. I feel that way about Spanish/Portuguese. We do a lot of books in both, and I get emails in Portuguese all the time. Unfortunately, we don't have a Portuguese speaker; I can muddle about fairly well in Spanish, and the two languages are like that--just close enough to get yourself in trouble, translating it in your head. :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:01 AM   #30030
fum
Zealot
fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWII
Yes, those I confuse as well. I always say 'Obrigado' to the spanish (To brag with my language skills :-)), and they look confused at me.
fum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness