Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 08-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
ythri
ythri is on a distinguished road

Device: nook color
Sherlock Holmes in pdf

I found some pdfs of strand magazines in the internet archive. They were quite good quality, and and I decided to extract them and put together a pdf of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes from the actual pages of the magazine.

That doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that is usually posted here, so I was wondering if it would be appropriate for me to upload here. I am aware that there are more compact versions of this in more epub and other formats, but I thought there might be an interest in them in the original contest they were published in.

Any advice on this?
ythri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Why not ? It's could be interesting to see the original appearance.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
faltradl
Guru
faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch
Unter "E-Book Uploads" you find "Other Books". That's the right place for PDF. Look into it and you see a lot of new PDF-uploads.
faltradl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
If you have pdf to epub you could also convert them and then upload the magazines in epub and Kindle format. Generally the program doesn't do a bad job maintaining the look of the text. And when it's in promotion you can get it for free.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I am pretty sure Harry has already handcrafted a full set of Sherlock Holmes in ePub format.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2013, 02:25 AM   #6
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
@crich70-- what program? do you have a link?
Thanks,
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
@crich70-- what program? do you have a link?
Thanks,
Sure, here ya go.
PDF to Epub

Last edited by crich70; 09-19-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:28 AM   #8
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ummm. That link takes me to a YouTube video of an episode of "Murder She Wrote".
Thanks, though, I like Agatha Christie!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
ummm. That link takes me to a YouTube video of an episode of "Murder She Wrote".
Thanks, though, I like Agatha Christie!
Oops. Sorry about that I was looking round youtube prior to reading your post and I thought I'd pasted the right link. I've corrected the link.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #10
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

@crich70, thank you for the corrected link. I downloaded and will be doing some trials to see what happens. The homepage makes it sound pretty good...
Old 09-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@crich70, thank you for the corrected link. I downloaded and will be doing some trials to see what happens. The homepage makes it sound pretty good...
It is. You can convert a PDF to HTML, Epub or Kindle very easily.
The only downside is that if you have a bunch of PDF's it takes a bit as you can only convert one at a time.